All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Blue Rim around teeth.

So I just noticed I have this cyan rim around my teeth! I have no idea what it is and I am going to try brushing very good! Any idea what this is?
Poster
  • Male | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 1 day
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer David Westerberg, DDS Dentist, Redlands
Dear patent,

I am sorry to hear that yo have a concern regarding your teeth.

Based on your complain and photo - it seems to be a gum inflammation.

Most probable reason is build up and bacterial plaque under your gums that are causing the gum inflammation.

Please, visit your dentist so they can check the health of your gums and bone and decide what the best cleaning would be for you.

All the best.

Mechev , DDS

your La Mesa dentist
1 UpVoted this answer
Merry Christmas, May be decalcification or excess plaque and calculus. See a dentist for a better dx.
That looks like plaque (bacteria) build up. You need to brush more effectively. Google 'Modified Bass Technique' and follow that method of brushing. Seeing a dentist is a good idea as well.

Peter Merai DDS, FAGD.
It looks like a result of regular consuming soft drink or carbonated drinks. Your enamel (layer outside of teeth) is breaking down. Poor oral hygiene (not brushing regular) which long term plaque deposit can cause similar out come. I would make an appointment to see the dentist to confirm the underline problem. If you had history of wearing braces before also a factor.
Michael Huynh
Your tooth looks like it has a calcium or mineral deficiency from when you had braces. I believe there is inflammation and swelling at your gum line caused by gingivitis, anemia or an iron deficiency. You should have a radiograph of this tooth and consult with your dentist. Good Luck!
Is the area rough or soft? Does it look like cream cheese if you take a tooth brush and run over it? What do you enjoying drinking (soda, sweet tea, mountain dew)? Did you have braces? From the picture, it looks like decalcification of the enamel. This is common area to decalcify in people whom have had braces or are soda drinkers. If you get plaque build up in area then it will decalcify the area quicker in conjunction with sugar containing drinks. You should make an appointment with your oral health care provider (dentist) to have an X-ray, cleaning, and exam. This will help properly diagnosis this issue.
Looks like decalcification of enable or gum calculus infection growth.

Schedule visit to learn best to save

Your teeth.
Daniel G. Sena
Looks like decalcificationnod enamel, either from braces, improper tooth brush or tooth brushing, high acid or sugar intake.

May even be some bacteria colony buildup or infection.

Schedule visit soon to learn what is going on.
Daniel G. Sena
This could be plaque accumulated at the gum margin or calculus and got stained so you need to see your dentist to be checked
Randa Nasr
The most common cause is plaque and calculus build up, your brushing is very important soft bristle tooth brush and gentle with the gums. But always making sure you are brushing the gum line. Gums that bleed when you brush are inflamed and needs regular cleaning (brush, floss, see the hygienist). Flossing is absolutely a must it prevents both cavities and gum disease (bone loss). Bone loss makes adult teeth wiggle and fall out. See the dentist.