All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Tonsillitis vs braces

Will I still get my braces put on if I still have tonsillitis? Have got antibiotics from the doctors but am just waiting to feel better. Getting my braces put on in two days.
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Medications: Antibiotics
  • Conditions: Tonsillitis once before

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer John Sheets, DDS Dentist, Jackson
As long as you are do not have anything contagious and feel well enough there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to get your braces put on. Good luck!
Timothy Agapas
1 UpVoted this answer
As long as your symptoms seem to be improving, there should be no problem.
Yep you can still have the braces put on even though you have tonsillitis.

Peter Merai DDS, FAGD
I do not believe you will have any issues getting your braces on in two days. The antibiotics you are taking will make you non contiguous to others. If you feel swelling in your lymph nodes, headaches or pain let your orthodontist know so they can prescribe an anti-inflammatory or other medication to you. Did you discuss invisalign with your orthodontist?
Yes probably can get started with orthodontic braces.

Let your orthodontist / dentist know

About this

When you keep your appointment.
Daniel G. Sena
Having braces put on will not worsen your tonsillitis. Your main consideration should be transmitting whatever you have to the public. As long as you feel well and are not contagious, go for it...just let the office know your situation so they can take extra precautions. There is nothing worse than treating a patient and have them inform you after that they have been extremely sick for a week.
David M. Konys
Ask you doctor.
If you have an appropriate antibiotic and follow directions, you will probably feel well enough in two days for your braces.
As long as you are comfortable and are not contagious, you should do well while having your braces placed.
John Sheets
call and ask the doctor and staff if they'd like tonsilitis as well.
Kenneth A. Zipkin