All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Pain in my side

I have this stabbing pain in my lower right side and this morning I woke up to what felt like someone punching me in the gut.
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Compass Clinic - Dallas Addiction Medicine, Lewisville
I would recommend you talk to your doctor. It is unlikely, but an appendicitis is a possibility.

Best of luck!
1 UpVoted this answer Leslie Dawdy Family Practitioner, Colorado Springs
Whilst rare for an 18 year old to have issues with the ascending colon, it is not rare to have an inflamed appendix. If you are in the middle of your menstrual cycle it could be the pain of an egg rupturing from your right ovary, but why guess.... you need to be evaluated.
1 UpVoted this answer Leslie Dawdy Family Practitioner, Colorado Springs
See your family doctor or ER ASAP to evaluate for appendicitis, hernia, obstructed bowel etc.
Not good. You need to see an internist ASAP>
If you haven't already, please go see an MD and get this checked out asap. Appendicitis, ovarian cysts, food poisoning, ectopic pregnancy could all be on the list, and all need to be ruled out or in. Take care of yourself!!
Lower right could mean several things. Pain in the lower side (flank) could mean kidney. When you say gut that means to me more in the front. My best advice is to see a doctor DC, MD or a DO and have things checked out. This is something that you don't want to wait on. Best of health, drg
If we are talking about the front right side, that is indicative of an irritation of the appendix...this is usually irratated with alcohol, spicy, greasy or acidic foods. An internist is a doctor that specializes in internal conditions. If it only aggravated by eating, it is not a chiropractic problem, but a medical problem. An ultrasound of the appendix could rule out an inflamed organ. It is also possible that you have an inflamed gallbladder, both could cause colicky pain in which you may be describing. An internist should be able to differentiate fairly easy between the two. Either or both could be surgical. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption until properly diagnosed.
Stabbing pain in the lower right side (of the abdomen), can be caused by a number of different causes, including, but not limited to: An ectopic pregnancy (in a female); (a medical emergency). If this is ruled out it may be from a "pinched" or irritated nerve coming from the mid back area. It could be from a digestive tract problem such as intussation (another medical emergency in which the intestine becomes "kinked" or bent back upon itself and food cannot pass easily through, as normally is the case. The right side of the abdomen also contains the liver, gall bladder, spleen and appendix. It could be a problem in any one of these organs; or even referred pain from the pancreas; as in pancreatitis. It could be from an autoimmune disease such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease. Of course, there are other causes as well. Without a medical history and an examination or appropriate diagnostic tests it is really not possible, with any degree of certainty to know what is causing your symptom(s). You can visit my website: drrondrucker.com and view any of the hundreds of successful patient reports there as well as additional helpful information, after which, you can call me at: 954-547-0487 to discuss further. Sincerely, Ron Drucker, B.S. (M.T.A.S.C.P.), D.C.

Mandatory Disclaimer: Anything contained in this email or any attachment hereto is for educational and/or informational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice nor is any doctor-patient relationship established. It is not intended as a substitute for competent medical advice, consultation, examination, testing, diagnosis and/or treatment as required. It is not approved by any Governmental Agency and is not likely to be HIPPA compliant. If you do not wish for anyone other than the intended recipient to see any of it's content, do not include it. If this email is received by anyone other than the intended recipient, ignore it;s content and delete it immediately. Also, if you do not agree with anything in this email or any attachment hereto, ignore it and delete it immediately.
Ronald Drucker
It could be your appendix, gall bladder or a case of irritable bowel syndrome. See your primary care physician ro a chiropractor who is well trained in diagnosis.
Russ Tannenbaum
I hope you are feeling better! Do you think you should go to the ER?