All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

foggy

I am in my mid 20s and my mind has been feeling fuzzy for months. I feel knots on the top of my neck where my head meets my neck. and when i push them out i feel slight relief for a few minutes but continue to feel fuzzy and foggy all day even with plenty of sleep. i can also feel my nerve (i think) going up my head to a small bump on the top of my head (this pump is probably a centimeter wide and round and has not gone away in about a hear...maybe a mole). I'm not on new medications
Poster
  • Female | 26 years old
  • Medications: none

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Mark S. Banasiak, DC Chiropractor, Temecula David Otto, DC, DACBN Chiropractic, Orange Park
It very much sounds like you have a neck issue with bone alignment. I suggest you go to see a chiropractor and have it aligned. I also sense that your whole spine is misaligned. So he/she can realign you and then you will feel much better. Also please do find someone in your area to give you a massage. Make sure you ice you neck after the bones have been put back in place. With regard to the bump on your head, have someone actually look at it to visibly see what it is. Then get it treated if necessary. The foggy and fuzzy brain is caused by stress. Your glandular system needs checking. Get your doc to check them with a blood test, especial the Pituitary, Thyroid and Adrenals. You can treat them with natural herbs that a naturopath can prescribe.
Margaret Rogers Van Coops
1 UpVoted this answer Jason W. Blackketter, DC Chiropractor, Bentonville
Dear Foggy,

You are not alone. Feeling fuzzy is a common symptom when there is tension on the joints and connective tissues of the head and upper neck. Your brain is being deprived of glucose and oxygen in the blood and the electrical impulses that run the brain from that same tension that is causing those knots that you feel between your head and neck. This kind of stress can through off the hormones that handle stress throughout your body and can definitely affect your sleep.

Specific Upper Cervical Chiropractic adjustments, no twisting or cracking, can reduce this stress, improve blood flow to the brain and help your body's hormones self regulate again. Look for an Upper Cervical Chiropractor for the best results.
1 UpVoted this answer David Otto, DC, DACBN Chiropractic, Orange Park
A medical exam may be warranted as there could be some indications of cervical disk problems which is out of my area to suggest possible treatments. Personally I know neck problems can interfere with the quality if not quantity of sleep and as a result can leave a "washed out" feeling. Now from my speciality of clinical psychology I would recommend an assessment of the life stressors you may be experiencing as they have a tendency to "collect" as physical tightness in the areas you describe.
Richard Raubolt
You probably have bad sleeping (positions), ie. sleeping on your stomach twists your neck, If you sleep in that position repeatedly, it has an , accumulation affect to where the vertebrae in your neck can become "stuck" putting prolonged pressure on the nerves in the upper part of your neck/spine which are responsible for the blood supply to your brain. It sounds like you need to seek qualified Chiropractic care for an upper cervical specific adjustment to your neck/spine!
Perry P. Little Jr.
You should go to urgent care or a doctor of your choice and get this looked at immediately.
The pain and tenderness in you neck leads me to believe there might be a musculoskeletal issue involved here. A chiropractor will be able to examine your neck, and and offer you relief if in fact it is your spine that is causing the symptoms. Good luck!
A few weeks have gone by since you posted the question. What have you tried since then? Have you been able to solve this issue yet?

I believe the 3 things you mentioned are all related. The knots at the top of the neck, the foggy mind / fuzzy thinking, and the nerve & bump on your head are all likely from a on-going misalignment in the upper neck where the head meets the top of the spine. You should find an "upper cervical" specific Chiropractor. We have taken intensive additional training beyond general chiropractic in analyzing this region of the spine through specialized x-rays, neurological scans, and other tests to help solve problems like yours.

If you need help finding the closest upper cervical doctor near you, please contact me. We'll be glad to help!

Dr. Blackketter
Jason W. Blackketter
Any physical signs should be checked out by your health care team. Both Md’s and Chiropractors should be on that team.

Fuzzy foggy mind often has a nutritional connection. Avoiding the nutritional connection leaves one suffering for a very long time as various health care professionals do their specialized thing.

At your age you should not be having a foggy brain.

For all types of brain fogginess I recommend a clean burning diet. Dr. Ouellette’s Anti-Inflammatory Pain Relief Diet fits the bill.
I'm sure this may frighten you. Be assured that what you are experiencing is not all that uncommon. When the muscles and other connective tissue tightens up it deprives oxygen and other nutrients in the blood to the muscles of your head and ultimately your brain. Consider seeing a chiropractor and try a few adjustments, maybe some muscle therapy and a massage. Likely this will help. You will know if you are going in the right direction within a few adjustments.
This outwardly sounds like a cervical chiropractic subluxation/segmental motion restriction and related strain sprain of this area with spasm and swelling commonly treated with trigger point muscle work and chiropractic manipulation, cold packs, ancillary therapies, topical analgesics and NCIDS.

The following should be ruled out by examination:

Secondary mass: Lipoma, infection, lymph nodes, or other.

Neurovascular impingement.

Systemic conditions, infection, vascular insufficiency, O2 and electrolites

Above evaluation may recommend treatment, imaging, referral for blood work, UA other evaluation or
Douglas Peffer DC