All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Stress related health issues

Dear Doctor!

I`m not feeling well the second day in a row, I`m having anxiety attack, can`t sleep, my stomach hurts and I have a headache.

I am under a lot of pressure from the company I work for and I don`t know if that`s what caused me these troubles and stress.

Can you please recommend anything maybe some sedative?

I don`t really have the money right now to visit a doctor.

Thank you so much

Anya
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 2 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Pressure from the company! I hear this a great deal. A couple of suggestions before taking a pill: See if you can talk with your manager, or director. Tell them you want to improve how you are doing, then ask how you CAN improve what you are doing. Be open to suggestions, write them down. Then study these suggestions and see what you can do in a few areas. Try reading a good book or two about business performance. There is an older book, about the pursuit of excellence--good reading. And don't disregard an old book, "The Power of Positive Thinking," or "You can, if you think you can," or "You Can if you will... ." Thinking positive thoughts can go a very long way to improving your situation.
Grant T. Bright
Anya:

Your symptoms certainly could be due to stress. It does sound as though you have serious concerns about the stress you are experiencing at your place of employment. Without hearing the nature of the particular stress you are under, it is somewhat difficult to obtain a clear picture and unfortunately, there is no medical history given in your question to assist with a diagnosis, but some recommendations may be helpful for you at this time.

Keep in mind that you can take control of your life without self-medicating. Of course, the best scenario would be to have a full medical work-up to be sure there are no physical causes for your seemingly stress-induced symptoms. However, if you truly can't afford to see a medical doctor, there are other avenues you might try.

Contact your county health program to see if they can be of assistance in providing you with medical care and counseling. Contact your local hospital to find out if you qualify for a program provided by your state or the federal government. You can ask the human resources office at your work place if there is an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) for which you qualify. Also, you can check with a local church and ask if they provide counseling or assistance with medical needs. There may be other community or local organizations that can assist you through this crisis. I encourage you to reach out to any one of these avenues for help. Seeing a professional in person is always preferred to using internet sites. A personal visit to a medical professional or clergy person will go a long way in determining a diagnosis and providing the best possible care for you.

In the meantime, talk with your supervisor or human resources about the stress you are feeling at work and ask for their help in sorting out the problems you are experiencing there. Running away from the problem or medicating it, won't take care of it long-term. You don't need a band-aid, you need a solution. Facing the problems and standing up for yourself will help you to feel more confident and possibly decrease your symptoms, if they are caused by what is happening at your work place.

There is also the possibility that whatever is happening at your place of employment is a trigger for something you experienced earlier in your life. You may need to examine your feelings and behaviors in an effort to determine where your stress originates.

The basic ingredients for the management of daily stress are:

1) Sleep (good restorative sleep): Good sleep hygiene involves going to bed and getting up each day at approximately the same times (within 30 minutes), sleeping 8-10 hours/night (as many as 12 for certain ages and for those who are under a great deal of stress), a quiet room, good sleeping temperature, good surface to sleep on, a non-cluttered atmosphere, and sleeping free of interruptions.

2) Nutrition (a Mediterranean diet is recommended). A well-balanced diet with minimal sugar and fat is highly recommended. Natural foods as opposed to processed foods will fuel the body better. Eating 5-6 smaller meals per day as opposed to 2 or 3 large ones is better for your system. This is what is known by athletes as "grazing" and helps to fuel the body to handle stress without breaking down. Avoiding caffeine (or at least consuming less than 250 mg/day). It's not so much WHEN you have the caffeine, but rather how much you consume that affects your ability to obtain restorative sleep.

3) Exercise (within reason and capabilities). Research has shown that exercise gets the endorphins working and helps us to feel better regardless of our situations. Exercise should be done within reason and to your capability. Over-indulging in exercise will not help you.

I encourage you to find professionals who will help you through this crisis.

All the best~

Dr. Thompson
Rebecca E. Thompson
I am sorry to hear that you don't feel good, no money consult MD for intervention? Stress does cause unbalance and leads to dysfunction of daily activities with physical discomfort, headache, insomnia...

What's your Blood Type? Please read "Eat Right 4 Your Type" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo, ND

Also Live Right 4 Your Type, Cook Right 4 Your Type by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo, ND ! Please see Yueh Healthy Center on Facebook, it's Free for serious inquiry only. Christian, Linda W. Yueh, MSPT, AP

Master Healer of all Illnesses, Florida licensed and Master Degree in Physical Therapy, Acupuncture Physician (retired)

President and Owner of Yueh Healthy Center, Inc.

Web:www.yuehhealthycenter.com

Email: Info@yeuhhealtycenter.com
Linda Yueh
First you should get a physical check up to be sure nothing is physically wrong. Sleeplessness, headaches, and stomach problems can all be caused by stress and anxiety. To deal with the sleeplessness, try going to bed at the same time every night. If unable to sleep, get up and do something until you feel you can fall asleep. Keep the room dark and quiet, playing peaceful restful music and /or ocean sounds can help. Take a warm bath prior to going to bed. Keep a journal and write down what you are thinking and feeling each day. Set aside a certain amount of time each day to "worry" about a solution to the problems at work. Do not allow yourself to focus on these issues more than the allotted time. Write down your findings in a journal. ( approximately 10 to 20 minutes each day). Give your life balance with exercise and recreation. Gift yourself with something that you love to do each day. There are some herbal teas that can aid rest and relaxation available at the grocery store.

There are some books that address stress and anxiety available on line. We have two such books: Journey of the Soul...Cracked Pots and Broken Vessels...Live the Victorious Life Christ Died to Give You and the accompanying workbook, Stop the Violence...Seven Stages to Sanctify...Claim the Promises of Christ. Both are available wherever books are sold and online through Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

If none of these suggestions work, your situation may need more than a surface approach. We sometimes repress information and events that later surface in the form of stress and anxiety. Although the situation at work may be stressful, it is probably just the trigger for the underlying issue that needs to be resolved. The stress and anxiety are your body's way of communicating.

Keep notes, journal notes and findings to take with you to a counselor trained in trauma resolution and family systems work. Although counseling with a credentialed therapist or counselor can be expensive, it is far less expensive than the physical damage that stress and anxiety can do to your body. Heart disease, kidney disease, strokes and other serious illnesses can result without treatment. Hope these suggestions are helpful to you. Dr. Phyllis and Rev. Carrol Davis, the JOURNEY pathways to healing.
Dr. Phyllis E. Davis
Stress is related to feeling out of control. Either you can regain control or do something to relieve the stress. Exercise and stress reduction, including doing what you enjoy are good ways to relieve stress. The only over the counter sedatives are Kava or Valerian, sold as Calms Forte. Restoring your sleep is a good first step. I suggest you deal with the stressful issues rather than looking for a pill to handle the stress. Stress can lead to several diseases.
It 's the problem w/ the serotonin converting into melatonin and vice versa

It is to make the liver to work well w/ the neural receptors

Call my office @:

310-394-9747 for appointment
Don Ha
It is the problems w/ neural receptors and the liver to convert serotonin into melatonin .

Call my acupuncture office for appointment @: 3103949647
Don Ha
Hi! My recommendation would be to seek the services of a mental health professional. They would best guide you to the proper medication. I would also suggest trying yoga, meditation, massage to assist with anxiety reduction.