All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Should I see a doctor for rabies?

A neighbor's dog got into a scuffle with my dog. And in trying to seperate them, I got a small puncture in my hand from one of the dogs. It happened so quickly, that I'm not sure which dog caused it. My dog is up-to-date in all shots. I haven't had a chance to ask my neighbor if his dog is up-to-date in all shots as well.

Should I still go see a doctor out of precaution OR is there anything I should look out for before determining the need to see a doctor?
Poster
  • Male | 38 years old
  • Complaint duration: 1 day

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Rabies is rare in domesticated animals. Most rabies is from wild animals. You should check with your neighbor if his dog is up to date on immunizations. If he is uncooperative you should notify the local animal control service and they will check for you. Most dog bites do not get infected. Keep a close eye on it. Wash it frequently. If it starts to get red, painful or swollen go see a doctor.
Watch for infection. Rabies is EXCEEDINGLY rare, but does still occur. Dog/cat bites are NOTORIOUS for causing infections and abscesses. Skin redness, warmth, streaking red lines up hand/wrist/arm, pus drainage, increasing pain, fever. GO TO A PHYSICIAN! I hope you washed the He&& out of the wound because even very small bites can get infected easily. Apply a thin film of BACITRACIN or NEOSPORIN 2-3 times a day under a bandaid at the least. And DON'T deny symptoms of infection - once you notice it, it is NOT likely to get better no matter how hard you think about it and how long you wait.
First of all, ask the owner if the dog is up to date with rabies. If yes, no need for rabies shots. Second of all, you still need to see your PCP for tetanus vaccine update as well as evaluation for possible infection that you could have acquired from the bite, as dogs have a lot of bacterias in their mouth. Good luck!
no. Th e incidence of rabies is almost nonexistant at this time
joseph bartush
See your doctor for evaluation of infection, Tetanus booster, and rabies treatment evaluation. Like below the doctor will treat you if there is any doubt. Good Luck & Healthy Living!
As below, see your doctor. Even if both dogs are up to date on their shots, they still have bacteria in their mouths that can be transmitted through a bite. With rabies, if there is any doubt, treat. If your neighbor's dog isn't vaccinated, you should be given the rabies series.
I would see your Doctor:

Check on your Td vaccine

You may need antibiotics for the puncture wound -

Check in status of neigbors' dogs immunization - today if not UTD you may need a rabies series

With rabies once the symptoms begin - there is usually no therapy .