All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

about mouses

Hi my shelter has a mouse problem and there are times I have seen mouses on my bed as well as on my kids bed n i just want to no can they get u sick with out bitting u
Poster

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Sumeet K. Goel, DO Primary Care Physician, Plover
Yes! They can infect your food that you eat, for one , also from their droppings etc.
Don Ha
yes, mice and other rodents can transmit diseases either directly through their feces, or by an insect vector that bites them like a tick or flea and then bites you.
You need to have exterminator service to come.
People can become ill from mouse droppings and urine. People and children can become sick from a viruses that are in the droppings and urine left from the mice. Some viruses can cause severe illness (it depends both on the type of mouse and virus). Initial symptoms can include fever, fatigue and muscle aches. It can progress to significant problems with breathing.
Mouse droppings or bites can indeed cause a variety of diseases. I'd suggest relocating if possible...otherwise contact the health department.
Jorge A. Sabin
call pest control of local health department, they will do it for free.
Yes from the bacteria they carry, plus the mouse droppings could lead to viral infections like Hantavirus
You can get exposed to Hantavirus - if mouse droppings are from a rodent that is infected with Hantavirus . The virus is transmitted mainly by inhaling air that is contaminated with the virus . You can also become sick if you eat food contaminated by urine , droppings or saliva .
You don't have to be bitten, you can become sick from the mouse excrement and urine. Please make sure the shelter takes proper action to protect you and others living there.
Jonathan W. Singer