All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

ob gyn

Yes im experience some slight itching around my urine hole, lower mild cramping in my lower pelvic area some swelling down there and very irritated when i use bathroom has been two days now im wondering did i contract something from my partner or is it my body itself???? Please help
Poster
  • Female | 39 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: Penicilin
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
What you are describing could be a yeast infection, a Urinary track infection , a sexually transmitted disease just to name a few. You need to be seen immediately as these infections can progress and go into your kidney and even your blood steam leading to a serious infection called sepsis. They can also cause sterility. So go see someone STAT.
1 UpVoted this answer
You will need to have a doctor take a look at what is going. Depending on your age, there can be various causes of the pain and swelling. You will need a urinalysis and possibly culture to rule out a bladder infection. You may need a culture to rule out any infection.
Carlos I. Gabriel
1 UpVoted this answer
Sounds like you may have either a urinary tract infection or a yeast infection which in females tends to make the genitals "itchy". I would suggest that you check with your primary care practitioner in order to decide if it is either one of these two things. A simple Urinalysis or a KOH wet mount slide in addition to a thourough history and physical examination should be able to help your primary care decide.
Edwin Medina
1 UpVoted this answer
Without an exam all I can say is it could be a urinary tract infection, vaginitis or something more serious. The abdominal pain may indicate an infection. You will need to see your physician
Kianoush Khaghany
I concur with the opinions expressed by my colleagues who suggest that this is likely a urinary tract infection, yeast infection, vaginitis, etc. Please see your doctor and get a check up with a urinalysis.
Jorge A. Sabin
Since you have multiple symptoms diagnosis could be one of several things: vaginal yeast infection, bladder infection, STD, or simply vulvar irritation. You should get evaluated ASAP. While you're waiting for your appointment try OTC cortisone ointment to the area that itches for relief.
see below
Jamil Hussain
First exclude pregnancy. Once done then have a simple (clean catch) urinalysis. If it is abnormal (showing evidence of infection) send a urine specimen for culture (including Chlamydia and GC). Pending the arrival of culture result, request your physician for a prescription of Ciprofloxacin 250 mg twice a day for 3 days. Hopefully by then the culture (and sensitivity) result would be available and your MD can modify the treatment. Regardless of the reason for symptoms, you should also have a pelvic examination by your physician.
Jamil Hussain
Most likely to be bladder or kidney infection .

Go to the GYN doctors for a blood test and a vaginal ultrasound .
Don Ha
You have got an infection or allergy.
Don Ha