All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

no period in a year

If I haven't had my period in a year does that mean I cant get pregnant?
Poster
  • Female | 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 15 days
  • Medications: No
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
It means it will be harder to get pregnant if the reason you are not having a period is not treated.

The first thing we usually do is a thyroid function test, because of thyroid is very important in regulating your cycle.

The next test that we order is a prolactin,, which is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland that regulates breastfeeding. Asian dolly there may be an overactive pituitary gland that produces too much prolactin tricking your body into thinking it's breastfeeding.

Then we give you a progesterone challenge. This is test lets us know if the hormones that control your ovaries to produce estrogen and progesterone are still working.

These the simple tests will diagnose the majority of causes of amenorrhea (no cycles). If corrected, you will then be able to get pregnant with correction of the cause. Do not use lack of cycles as a form of birth control however because your body may correct the problem itself and cause you to ovulate which may cause pregnancy.
Carlos I. Gabriel
1 UpVoted this answer
no
Joi Findley-Smith
1 UpVoted this answer
If you are not on hormone birth control then it is not normal at age 19 not to have a period in 1 year. Still, you may not be ovulating regularly but you could ovulate erratically and get pregnant. If you are not on hormones you should see your doctor to see why you are not having periods.
Souhail Asfouri
Not necessarily. However, you need to be evaluated by your OB/GYN or a reproductive endocrinologist if you have been trying for a year to get pregnant and have not been successful. You can add acupuncture, as an adjunct to regulate your hormones and thus your periods. I've treated many women who have primary amenorrhea with acupuncture. But, first you need to be diagnosed by an M.D. Good luck.