All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

I injured my tongue

I bit my tongue and I dont know if I need stitches. It's not bleeding but the cut is large. Help!
Poster
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

The mouth heals fast. You will be fine with some daily rinsing of warm salt water.
I also don't see an obvious bite through your tongue. Keep it as clean as possible with gentle brushing and rinses...if it doesn't improve in a week seek dental advice.
David M. Konys
Any cut on your tongue should heal quickly. If not healed within two weeks. Consult your dentist.
I don't think I can clearly see a bite mark. It looks like a ruptured mid section. Did you have piercing on your tongue? in anyway it will heal with no need for any sutures. Stay away of taking hot, spicy and sour food. Make sure do not compromize your oral hygiene.
Your tongue injury is not bad, it can be healed on its own. It would be wise to see a dentist to make sure there is no evidence of infection within the cut. Avoid spicy food, keep it clean, warm salt water rinse will aid in healing it faster.
Keep it clean. Tongues heal fast. If infected need stitches and antibiotics. For now avoid acid food ,warm salt water rinse a few times a day. How did you mange to cut there???best Dr Mick
Looks like its healing within normal limits. Warm salt water rinses( 1/8 of teaspoon per 8 oz of water).
No you don't need stitches, do you have a tooth in the roof of your mouth?
No sticks required. Warm salt water rinses will help .
You don't require stitches as there is no bleeding and there is not too much separation between the tissues. You will need to use warm salt water rinses daily to help in the healing process.
Dr J. Abe Smith