All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

How long after nasal valve surgery can one workout, exercise on treadmill?

Its been over a week.
Poster
  • Male | 36 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Most surgeons advocate a period of at least 2-3 weeks to allow the normal inflammation and swelling after surgery to begin to subside. Your surgeon may have different preferences or specific recommendations after your surgery . It would be wise to check with your surgeon first.

Good luck with your recovery!
I would wait 2 to 4 weeks for exercise. It is best to talk to your surgeon.
Arian Mowlavi
Exercise limitations are procedure and surgeon specific, though generally increased heart rate and blood pressure may have limited risk after a 10 day period as it pertains to the risk of bleeding and bruising in plastic surgery. Increased heart rate and blood pressure may have effects on swelling and may prolong the swelling phase in procedures like rhinoplasty (nose job) and other plastic and cosmetic surgery procedures.
I ask my patient to wear internal nasal splints (Doyle splints) for 3 days following surgery. I also ask that they wear an external nasal splint for approximately 10 days following surgery.

They are then free to exercise in non-contact situations. This means no soccer, softball, etc. Treadmill and lower body exercise is generally permissible at 1-2 weeks following surgery, but every surgeon is different. I hope this helps!
You can perform light lower body exercise after two weeks. However, I would wait a month before considering full body workouts.
I would visit with your surgeon to answer your questions.
Marc R. Baraban
Regularly check in with your surgeon so he/she can gauge how you are healing. On average, most of our rhinoplasty patients are cleared for exercise at about 4-6 weeks. We always recommend that patients start walking right away after surgery, it's low intensity, keeps your blood flowing, and promotes healing. Obviously running on a treadmill is higher intensity so check with your surgeon first!
I would not recommend exercising on the treadmill at this time. I would recommend you talk to your surgeon. Your surgeon is the only one who knows how extensive your dissection had to be and can give you the best recommendations.
Tracy E. McCall
While I do not know the specifics of the surgery that was necessary, I generally believe that my patients can start exercising within a couple of weeks. They start slowly and then increase as their comfort and exercise tolerance permit. Some patients may walk at a moderate pace during the 2nd week after surgery. You would want to check with your surgeon at this time. Good luck.
John M. Weeter
It may be ok to start exercising again. Check in with you surgeon and continue to follow your surgeon's postop instructions.
Suzanne Kim Doud Galli