All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

restless legs/ red patches on left calf (sorry if duplicate, I am new to this site!)

Hi Doctor!

I was diagnosed a couple months ago with high blood pressure and began taking Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg(sp?). I also have a history of anxiety. I have noticed that my left leg has been hurting especially at night when trying to sleep. I experience restless legs and arms (left side). I would like to know how to change my eating and if there is any type of supplement or medication that will allow my restless legs to relax? In addition, my left calf is developing some red patches.
Poster
  • Female | 41 years old
  • Complaint duration: 30 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 64
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Medications: hydrochlorothiazide
  • Conditions: high blood pressure, anxiety, high cholesteral, obesity

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
you can try quinine (Tonic) water before going to sleep and see if that helps. Increasing magnesium may help as well. As for the red patches, that should be checked out by a Dermatologist or a good Internist/Family medicine Doc.
1 UpVoted this answer
Be careful with supplements. They are unlikely to be helpful, not regulated, and could have almost anything (some dangerous). My dietary advice would be to stick with a healthy diet full of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and avoid processed food. However, exercise is really where you should focus. A regular exercise program could do wonders for your anxiety and restlessness.

The rash could be many things. Have your doctor take a look!

Best of luck!
There are very specific recommendations and nutrients thru skin for RLS. This level of advice requires office visit and prescription.
Hal Blatman
She should be investigated complete haemogram esp. platelet count and bone marrow

It may be case of pancytopenia - may be drug induced
Gurbux Mansharamani