All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

what is this?

I have these tanish circular type marks across my chest and breasts. I have had these marks for about 2 years. They don't really irritate me in anyway. they have grown in numbers over the years but most recently have multiplied.
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
This may be tinea versicolor. Please see a physician to confirm this and start appropriate treatment with a shampoo such as Ketoconazole shampoo.
Monib Zirvi
Tinea versicolor - ZNP soap bar and ketoconazole 1% shampoo or Selsun Blue. Make sure you shampoo your scalp.
James T. Sandwich
Tinea Versicola occurs when exposed to the heat. Many people who work in the dry cleaning industry get this. Selsun Blue shampoo can be used for the active ingredient selsun to kill the fungus.
Tinea versicolor is a fungal infection that can clear spontaneously or requires antifungal medications for treatment. See your dermatologist.
This is a fungus infection of the skin called tinea vesicolor . You can use an over the counter shampoo as a body wash call Nizorel shampoo, it has ketoconazole an antifungal agent that works very well. Some refractory cases have to be treated with oral medicines. Please see your doctor if the shampoo does not work after 6-8 weeks of use.
tinea versicolor

responds to pulse oral antifungals

otc is ZNP bar

only two pills: one/week twice will usu cure it though it tends to come back; see a derm

I cannot imagine how Mr. Ha's treatment would help this simple common problem
John K. Geisse
It is fungus Avoid all sugars and meditate to avoid stress as that and lack of good rest could also cause them

Call my office for herbs and acupuncture to treat it @ 310-394-8747.
Don Ha
I think the group below has nailed it on the head. Certainly doesnt look like skin cancer , etc. If it doesnt respond to the anti fungus treatment a biopsy would be easy to do .
That looks like tinea versicolor, a condition caused by yeast. Try scrubbing with head and shoulder's shampoo 3 times a week. If not better in 2-3 months then see a dermastologist.