All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Recent miscarriage

I was fooling around with my boyfriend and this hard bloody thing fell out of me. I had a miscarriage on July 22nd and I'm not really bleeding anymore just light spotting here and there and I don't know what it is that fell out
Poster
  • Female | 22 years old
  • Medications: none
  • Conditions: PCOS

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
As the others have stated, this may be a placental remnant from your prior loss that had not passed previously or an old organized clot. It would be a good idea to get evaluated to ensure the uterus is normal now and no other tissue in the uterus especially if you are planning to try for another pregnancy in the near future. Dont forget about folic acid before you try to get pregnant again!
Patrick Ramsey
Bury this in the yard. It's just products from what your body was forming for the fetus. It's nothing to worry about. I see you have PCOS, which is contributing to the hormone imbalance/miscarriage. Be sure to eliminate sugar and white flour (Breads, unless they say 'whole wheat'), as these make PCOS worse, as does milk, which increases testosterone and acne and hairs in the wrong place.
This could be a retained decidual cast from your miscarriage. But it would be helpful to have you serum QHCG checked and to be sure your cervix does not have other possible retained products of conception.
Joseph A. Pineda
Looks like a blood clot, pregnancy tissue , or a 'decidual cast'. In any case you should have bloodwork and a follow up visit with your OBGYN to check that the miscarriage is resolving normally. This would mean repeating the HCG levels in your blood until all is resolved. If you are not trying to have a baby, you can start a birth control method now if that's what your MD recommends.
Kyle A Baker
You did not mention how far along you were when you miscarried. I suspect that "this hard bloody thing" is either a blood clot or a piece of placental tissue.
This is most likely a blood clot.