All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

discharge

I have only had sex with 1 person that is my husband. And I have been having a yellow green tipe discharge that it is bad enough that it wets my panties and I have had a historactamy in 09 for indomterosas and overien cancer
Poster
  • Female | 37 years old
  • Complaint duration: 6 days
  • Medications: Non yet
  • Conditions: Kidney disease

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
The most common reason for this is bacterial Vaginosis.

Also Atrophic Vaginal mucosa is frequently vulnerable

to becoming inflamed. After getting examined a good

treatment will usually include Probiotic such as RepHresh

Pro.
Best 'Guess' is bacterial vaginosis, but you really should have an exam and a culture to guide treatment.
Kyle A Baker
Your history indicates that you underwent a total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy. Given your young age (only 37), it is possible that your vulvovaginitis and related discharge are multifactorial (infection, hormonal, or anticancer therapy you possibly have received). It would be helpful to learn whether or not, you are taking a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and immunomodulation. Specifying your renal disease (pyelonephritis, pyelocystitis, granulomatosis, etc) and its onset, would also be supportive for running a preliminary diagnostic. The first thing to do, is to test for trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, and gardnerella (as you describe the discharge is yellow-greenish). If the test is negative, and if the insurance plan covers, the next is to check for chlamydia trachomatis, mycoplasma, ureoplasma, yersinia pestis, shigella, streptomyces, and group B and D streptococci. If the flora is mainly bacterial, the culture (which lasts 48-72 hours) will determine which antibiotic to take (based on the subgroups and the ratio of gram-positive, gram-negative, aerobic and unaerobic flora).
Dear Discharge,

Sounds like a common case of bacterial vaginosis...which is an imbalance in the vaginal bacteria...more "bad" bacteria than "good" bacteria. This can easily be remedied with prescription antibiotics (usually clears up in a few days) , but I would suggest that you see your OB/GYN for an exam to rule out anything else. A proper pelvic exam will allow for the most concrete diagnosis and the most proper treatment choices.

Although medication is your primary treatment option here, taking a comprehensive probiotic daily can help proper bacterial balance in the body, but it will not "treat" a current infection. You should schedule an OB appointment ASAP.

Good luck on a speedy recovery.
Your symptoms may be associated with a simple vaginal infection, however with the history you provide (ovarian cancer) I would strongly suggest you see a gynecologist for a thorough pelvic exam.
This is most likely BV (bacterial vaginosis) - an overgrowth of the normal vaginal bacteria. It needs to be treated with antibiotics, not over-the-counter medications, so you need to see a health care provider to establish the diagnosis and get a prescription.
Hello. In order to determine the nature of your discharge, you will need to see an OBGYN. It could be an imbalance of the bacteria in the vagina (bacterial vaginosis) or it could also be a sexually transmitted infection. Best way to confirm one way or the other would be with testing.
Helard Ballon Hennings