All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Lump on insole/arch of foot

I wore heals for the first time in a long time and was on my feet for a few hours. The next morning I had a quarter sized lump in the arch of my foot. It's a little painful and does cause me to walk funny because of this. It's not gone down in a weekWhat could it be?
Poster
  • Female
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Lee Wittenberg, DPM Podiatrist, Las Vegas/Henderson
It could be a small plantar fascial tear which may have occurred related to the stresses placed on your foot in the higher heeled shoes. It may also be an early manifestation of a plantar fibroma which is a BENIGN tumor that occurs in the medial (inside) arch of the foot frequently. Have it looked at by a podiatric physician.
fibroma or ganglion cyst
It's probably a plantar fibroma or plantar fascia tear. You should have a diagnostic ultrasound done at a radiology center.
It's probably a plantar fibroma. You should have a diagnostic ultrasound done at a radiology center.
The most likely diagnosis (though I can not really make a diagnosis without examination) is a plantar fibroma. This is a thickening of a long ligament that supports your arch called the Plantar Fascia. It is likely that the 'lump' has been developing over time, and you may not have noted it because it was not previously irritated or painful. You should visit a local Podiatrist at your convenience-it is likely not any kind of emergency situation. But the lesion may grow, and there may be multiple 'lumps' over time.
It could be a cyst or a tear. I would suggest you see a podiatrist as soon as possible.
Jerald Askin
I have to agree with Jeff. Likely to be a ganglion cyst or plantar fibroma. It could have been something that was present for a while but was aggravated when wearing heals for a significant amount of time. I would also recommend going to see someone soon with it still bothering you as there could also be a traumatic injury as well, such a potential plantar fascia tear.
This is most likely a ganglionic cyst, or an early plantar fibroma. These are benign conditions, but painful. It could also be a less common condition, such as a partial plantar facial tear, or other soft tissue traumatic problem. Since it has not resolved in a week, you should have it checked out by a physician.
If the mass truly just appeared overnight after walking in heels then it could be a hematoma (deep bruise). There was no comment either way about any local bruising or redness as well as no comment about any skin changes such as rash or open wound. Another possibility is a small rupture (tear) of the plantar fascia (long ligament in the arch of the foot. Various kinds of soft tissue masses (cysts) are also possible, particularly if the mass was only noticed after it became inflamed from walking in heels. If it does not reduce in a week or so with local applications of ice or heat, then have it evaluated by a podiatrist.
Sounds likely to be a plantar fibroma but should get it checked to be sure. It is easy to treat with padding around it or steroid injection works great on it.
Linh Nguyen