All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Sore in mouth after oral surgery

I had oral surgery a week ago to get 6 molars removed. I noticed a sore in my mouth a day after the surgery. It is located on the gum under my tounge and its very painful. What could it be? Should I call my dentist right away to set up an appointment to get it looked at?
Poster
  • Female | 24 years old
  • Complaint duration: 5 days
  • Ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino
  • Height: ???
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer
Have your oral surgeon evaluate you. Could be some trauma from the surgical procedure or an irritation from the sutures or bone projection from the surgery.
James A. Vito
2 UpVoted this answer
You can have that checked at the post operatory evaluation appointment. That is usually scheduled 7-10 days after the sugery.
2 UpVoted this answer
Let me get this question correct ....a day after having six molars removed you noticed a painful sore under your tongue, correct? I think you are doing pretty well if that is the only discomfort you are experiencing. If it remains painful I would suggest calling your surgeon, but remember having that many teeth removed at your age is going to be uncomfortable .
David M. Konys
2 UpVoted this answer
whenever you have a post op problem that is unexpected (ie your doctor's office didnt tell you to expect this post op soreness, then at least call the office and relay your symptoms. They may be able to diagnose the problem over the phone and provide you with an explanation and possible relief.
Jeffrey Levin
2 UpVoted this answer Frederick E. Knoll, DDS Dentist, Aventura
This lesion could be a consequence of surgery, it could be a coincidental occurrence with the surgery, or it could be a new condition altogether. Only your surgeon could tell you for sure. Since it has been about 5 days, it may be healed by now, or not bothering you any longer; in which case you can do nothing at this point. If not, then call their office and let them know.
Hopefully it is nothing serious but just to be sure I would go back to the dentist that did the extractions to take a look at the area.
Amir Nikraz
Usually ulcerations will heal in 7-10 days. It may be almost healed, but it would not hurt to call your surgeon to have him evaluate the area, especially if it is still painful.
I would call the dentist that removed your molars. Get it checked asap.
I would recommend calling the dentist who did your surgery to take a peak at it. It is likely nothing serious, but better safe than sorry.
Absolutely. Please call the Oral Surgeon or General Dentist who did your surgery. Have the lesion examined and treated. there's probably a simple solution to help you feel better and heal quickly. Call now.
Arnold J. Malerman