All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

light periods for 13 days

I moved to a US recently from SriLanka. In the first month after coming here I had my period 15 days late. I usually had my periods late not more than a week. Never had any heavy periods and my periods were for 4-5 days. My period was due october, but I dint get any till dec12 evening. I noticed light blood marks on my undie and even now I am having a light bleeding. Its been 13 days and its still happening. I am worried. I am not sexually active and I am a virgin. Why is happening?
Poster
  • Female | 23 years old
  • Conditions: I was diagnosed with two stones in my kidneys before I came to US. I took medication for that for a month and half.

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

consider the fact that mostly non-western/ Caucasian women are hormonaly better balanced, as they do have a less of hormone base medicine and dietary foods.

it would not be a bad idea to get a base hormonal test done.

best
This is most likely due to the stress of relocating and your periods will be reestablshed once again. It's best to get checked soon, to be safe.
The change in environment may be the result. The supplement Dong Quai and raspberry tea should be able to regulate your cycle. If the condition persists seek consultation with a Gynecologist.
Margaret Bailey
Travel can affect your period, just like any other “lifestyle change.” Even though your travels are temporary, it is still a disruption in your normal routine. Because the hormones that rule your menstrual cycle can be sensitive to anything new – from stress to your change in eating habits – you can have a delayed period and sometimes, even a missed period – due to your relocation. Your cycle should even itself out in a few months, However I would recommend you follow up with a gynecologist and keep monitoring your cycles, especially since you have had a prolonged bleed. For something simple and natural I would suggest raspberry leaf tea, flaxseeds and green tea.
Any major life change event can interfere with a normal cycle and prevent ovulation. When this happens your menses will be late and prolonged without the influence of progesterone

which is produced only if you ovulate. This is most likely a normal response to your move, but you should see a doc if your cycle does not normalize.
Change of environment can bring about a change in menstrual cycles, depending on where you live. It sounds like your progesterone is low. If you are interested in alternative medicine, you might try taking some Sarsaparilla.
Stress of moving and time change may do this. Usually takes 90 to 120 days to settle down. See your doctor but probably nothing to worry about your cycles will normalize.
You are not ovulating on a regular basis. That can be due to a number of issues, but is most likely from the stress of moving. I, too, suspect this will normalize in a the next few months.
David Lang
There could be differences in stress, sleep and diet since you moved. I would give your body 6 months to adjust. Keep track of your cycles and follow up with a Gyn.
Many things can affect your period, from lomg distance travel to medication to dietary changes. If symptoms persist seek a gynecologist. The change in food alone may affect your body, even if you try to eat similar foods to your home diet.