All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Vaginal ingections

I am experiencing vaginal itching and im supposedly on my period but i was reading that there can be reddish brownish discharge which is an infection. So i was wondering if it is an infection or am i on my period because i am getting cramps as well.
Poster
  • Female | 21 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

This is quite common and can be checked in the office to be easily treated after testing for infection.
You are getting your period. Now the itching could be related to vaginal mucosal irritation or some women get vaginal infections withy their period as the immune system may go down a little. I would also do a pregnancy test if there is any question that this may not be a regular period for you. watch out for the tini9ng of your menstrual cycles if they have a regular pattern.
It sounds likely that you are getting your period. It is common to feel some irritation along with your menstrual cycle due to irritation of the vaginal tissue with blood. However, if your itching remains after your cycle, you may have a yeast infection. If so, consider an over the counter treatment like Monistat, or see your gynecologist for an evaluation. Best of luck!
If you are the expected time, it probably is your period. Itching can be from menstrual pads, or yeast vaginitis. Wait until you finish your menses to see if the itching continues. If so see your doc.