All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

lower left chest pain

I had collapsed lung and surgery 2012. Numerous xrays since no issue since July I had 2 ekg and a stress echocardiogram all clear what could cause lower pectoral pain as I sit up
Poster
  • 44 years old
  • Conditions: Had collapsed lung 2011

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Possibly costochondritis, may try to take Ibuprofen for few days and see how you improve. If doesn't get better, see your PMD.
There are many reasons for chest pain. If it worsend with movement or deep breathing it could be a pulled musvcle between the ribs, or cartilage inflammation, it could be a viral infection, To be sure, it would help to get a repeat EKG and chest xray to compare. You could even have some residual scar tissue from the prior collapsed lung especially if you neede any surgical procedure to reinflate the lung
I agree with the previous answers. Plus if other more serious complications have been ruled out, then Costochondritis could be explored. This is a inflammation of the muscles between the ribs. Good Luck & Healthy Living!
If the pain is on the same side and sharp, it could be either some scar tissue pulling at the lining of the chest cavity or pleuritic chest pain caused by inflammation in the chest cavity. You could try scheduled NSAIDS like ibuprofen 400mg po 3X daily with meals for 7-10 days or Naprosyn 500mg po 2X daily with meals for 7-10 days. I have never heard of Xrays causing chest pain.

Sincerely
John Kuhn
If you had a negative stress test, I think that should exclude any heart problems. Post-operative chest surgery changes could lead to that positional chest wall pain that may not show up on any plain Chest X-rays. But still, you should follow this up with your Primary Care Physician.
Alvin K. Eng
X rays and post operation scarrings could cause the chest pain
Don Ha