All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

night sweats

Every night I go to bed I start sweating and if my husband even touches me I am so hot we have moved to different beds and its horrible I have started walking 5 miles a day can't loose weight I've gained and have horrible hair loss
Poster
  • Female | 58 years old
  • Complaint duration: 89 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Tom Sparrow, BS Nutritional Counseling, Rochester Hills
Night sweats can be very uncomfortable so I understand your frustration. If you are also seeing changes with your cycle length, and bleeding then this is most likely due to hormonal changes; a transitional period called peri-menopause. Most often the hormone that gets diminished during this phase is Progesterone. As a woman's ovaries reach the end of their productive cycle, adrenal glands will come to the rescue by producing the needed progesterone and sometimes estrogen. So, having a healthy adrenal gland function during this phase is very important. If you have been under long term stress, be it physical, mental or emotional, chances are your adrenal glands aren't functioning up to par. Another hormone that can be affected at this time is Thyroid hormone. So, as you can see there is no one answer to your question. Every woman's body responds differently during peri-menopause and has different needs. I would recommend that you consider taking the Comprehensive Health Assessment at Vida4Vitality.com. You will receive useful reports that are personalized and will get to the core of the issue for you. If you would like to discuss this further you can also make an appointment with me at Vda4Vitality.com. To Your Health, Dr. Vida Talebi
1 UpVoted this answer Tom Sparrow, BS Nutritional Counseling, Rochester Hills
I agree with a thyroid panel. You should also get a ppd (skin test to make sure you don't have tuberculosis).

If both are negative then you can start a short term trial of hormone replacement (I'd you have been menopausal for more than 5 years then you should review the WHI trial with your physician and understand the potential risks).

If you are transitioning or are recently menopausal, then the study does not apply to you and it is safe.
Carlos I. Gabriel
Your doctor can help you with effective hormonal therapy or Black Cohosh pills (Natural Herbal Pills). If you opt for Black Cohosh it's over-the-cover and by taking one at dinner and one at bedtime with good results.
Some more questions would need to be answered before a definate cause could be identified. It does sound like a hormonal imbalance. These changes are evident as we grow older. There are some remidies that will help us get thru these changes, and help calm some of the side effects. Please go find a good naturopath to help you get thru these changes with as much ease as you can. Good Luck...
I would see about getting some hormone tests run if you can. Check your thyroid and make sure they do all the tests for thyroid. Also, it could be menopause. If you have already been through menopause do not rule this out. Some women experience menopause more than once during their lifetimes.
I agree with the previous contributors: get checked for hypothyroidism given your hair loss. I presume the night sweats are from menopausal symptoms. You may consider seeing a nutritionist for weight issues.
It sounds like you're having hot flashes. They can make you miserable, especially if they disrupt sleep,so you might want to consider Duvee, a new formulation of estrogen which cures hot flashes without increasing the risk of endometrial cancer. Estrogen will also give you relief but

your endometrium must be monitored, or you will need additional therapy. Good going on the walking. It will boost your mood and improve your health even if you don't lose weight. You will need to permanently change you eating habits. Finally you need to see your doc about other possible

causes for you symptoms.
Your body must be under a great deal of stress leading to significant hormonal imbalances which can present with hot flashes, breast tenderness, irregular menstrual cycles (in ovulating women). Stress can also cause the body to poorly absorb essential nutrients from the digestive system such as iron, vitamin B12, and D deficiencies. Physically it can manifest as challenges with maintaining your ideal weight and hair loss. A thorough evaluation of what is triggering this stress and feeling imbalanced is required to help determine how to jump start your body back to being healthy.
You are experiencing vasomotor symptoms of menopause coupled with a thyroid problem
David Lang
It's hormone and thyroid.
Don Ha