All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Yeast infection

I have this so called yeast infection. It's my first time to experience this. It's been 2 months that I have this. I haven't consulted any doctor yet but 2 weeks from now, I will. I felt itchiness at first month, the good thing is that it doesn't smell like anything. As if it's just a regular white blood. Now, this month of August, I rarely felt itchiness but I noticed that I still this cheese thing inside. I don't know what to do. I drank cranberry juice almost everyday, drink yogurts.
Poster
  • Female | 22 years old
  • Complaint duration: 60 days
  • Medications: Drinking cranberry juice and yogurt.
  • Conditions: Asthma

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Vaginal yeast infections are due to a fungus called candida which is normally found in the vagina. However, if there is a lack of healthy vaginal bacteria it can lead to overgrowth of yeast (you don't catch candida from someone). Some causes of candida overgrowth: antibiotics, estrogen (pregnancy or some birth control pills), malfunctioning immune system, and diabetes.

You may want to try an OTC anti-fungal yeast medication such as Gynelotramin or Monistat. If your symptoms don't improve after 1 week, then please get evaluated by your doctor.
A cottage cheese like discharge does sound like a yeast infection. Symptoms can come and go. Cranberry juice will not help. Eating yogurt might help a little, but if you want a home remedy that is more likely to work, you can try a low pressure douche with a milk product with lactobacillus acidophilus in it twice a day for up to a week. Brands I have seen are "Probiotic" milk and "Acidophilus" milk. Probiotic supplements in health food stores are expensive and no more effective. Yeast discharge usually doesn't last as long as you have described so you should be checked by your doc for diabetes, in addition to addressing your discharge and itching.
Monistat is effective at treating most yeast infections. It is simple and safe. The only down side is that if you have the wrong diagnosis you will delay diagnosis. You may want to contact your doctor since you have never had a workup for vaginal discharge to rule out some other common causes.

Once you are diagnosed with yeast infection then you will know the symptoms and be able to treat with over the counter medications.
Carlos I. Gabriel
Monistat over the counter. If that doesn't work, see. Doctor. Cranberry juice won't help
James Cocco