All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Knee Injury

I had a bad fall now. Behind my knee it hurts really bad. When I twist it or extend it, its not too swollen except for the place where I skinned it.
Poster
  • Male | 20 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
immediately use PRICE = Protect, rest, ice, compress, elevate. Depending on the serverity, you may chose to go to an orthopedist to have an xray to asses for broken bones.

Regardless of seeing Ortho, you will want to see a Chiropractor to align your knee, also checking the lower lumbar spine where the nerves exit to the knee, and asses the arches in your feet, that when anatomically correct, will support your knees with a level foundation.

www.discoverhealth.us
You may have thorn or strained the cruciate ligaments inside the knee joint. Quite often there might be associated hemarthrosis (blood inside the joint) which delays healing. The patellar and menisci may also be thorn. If any of these is confirmed by x-Ray or CAT scan, you will need an orthopedic surgeon to go in and clear things up to avoid permanent functional deficits like stiff joint.
It feels so much better today im walking on it and evrything just fine, if a bone were broke or cracked wouldnt i be able to tell? Ive broken a toe before and the pain was severe, nothing like this pain i have now!
Poster
you need X ray ASAP
Ousama Ghaibeh
Thanks so much for the reply, i woke up at 4am with really bad pain, went back to sleep for awhile now it hardly hurts. I appreciate the help
Poster