All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Crazy Cycle

Hi , I've stopped depo. I was supposed to go back for my 2nd shot on Jan 26 , 2016 but I chose not too . April 1, 2016 I got my period which ended April 8th . exactly 8 days later April 16 I got my period again. Do you have any idea why I got a 2nd period so soon? Is this normal? please help!
Poster
  • 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 8 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
This is unfortunate that irregularity is quite frequent after (or sometimes during) having been on Depo-Provera inj.-s, and this is related to the fact, that it takes time for the ovarian function to recur to normal after these inj.-s. My suggestion is that you should mark your bleedings in a Menstrual Record chart, and if it continue to show irregularity, consider going on oral contraceptives for a few months. This should regulate your cycles!!
Zoltan Saary, MD
As you discontinued your Depo-Provera and assuming you were using no other method of birth control and were sexually active, you should take a home pregnancy test to be certain you are not pregnant. You should contact your health care provider for further testing.
Depot Provera commonly causes irregular periods. After about a year's use, it can completely stop periods. If you haven't used other forms of birth control and are sexually active, a pregnancy test might be reassuring. You didn't say why you stopped the depot Provera. Most people stop because of irregular bleeding, but if they can put up with it, it improves.
Maureen Fleming
Unfortunately Depo Provera has a profound effect on the ovary and may last for up to ten months from one shot. You did not say what you are currently using for birth control. I would recommend either the pill or the Nuva Ring to help with you r irregular bleeding. I doubt you are pregnant, but if you have not been using another form of contraception since January 26 I would check a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side before starting another form of hormonal contraception. Good luck.