All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Period very late weight gain but 2 negative pregnancy tests

The first day of my last period was October 26th today is December 14th. I always have my period 28-30 days apart.. I've gained a decent amount of weight my stomach is constantly bloaded.. I took 2 pregnancy tests a week apart from each other but both said negative. I haven't been stressed and for the most part I eat really healthy.. I'm 25 years old what could be going on?
Poster
  • Female | 25 years old
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Do you tend to be on the very this size? This afffects menses regularity. Stress poor sleep and some medications can cause irregularity.
Richard B. Raborn
1 UpVoted this answer Compass Clinic - Dallas Addiction Medicine, Lewisville
Missed periods are very common and generally not much to be worried about from our perspective. However, it is very important to our patients. If you are worried about it, I think it would be best to speak with your doctor. You could discuss birth control if you are not wanting to become pregnant, and possibly metformin if you are. Metformin is an amazing medication that is sometimes used for patients with polycystic ovarian syndrome which is the most common hormone disorder in women your age.

It is great that you are eating well. That is very helpful, as is regular exercise.

Best of luck!
Since this is the first time ever you are missing your period without evidence of pregnancy, it will be better to wait and see if you will have a period in the next couple of weeks. Where you miss it for a second time, then it will be necessary to do a full hormonal investigation to see establish the cause of your amenorrhea (cessation of menses). It could be phantom pregnancy pseudocyesis), polycystic ovarian syndrome or several other conditions. Your kind of anxiety over pregnancy has been shown to have the capacity to create physical signs of pregnancy like swollen abdomen, breast fullness and weight gain. The brain then misinterprets those signs and initiates the release of the real pregnacy hormones (estrogen and progesterone), which then complete the full picture of a true pregnancy without a baby in the womb. Even after a full laboratory investigation, the next step is usually to try to regulate the menstrual cycle with contraceptive peels or injections, unless there is contraindication.
With a negative urine pregnancy test twice there is very little likelihood of pregnancy. The missing of the period is concerning the people but overall not that uncommon. Can't be too sure exactly what's happening but it doesn't sound like it's anything to be too concerned about
Raymond Rowell
Most likely you are not pregnant. Irregularity can happen occasionally and sometimes commonly. If you have been trying to become pregnant sometimes nervous anticipation itself can cause this. Be evaluated further if you do not get your menstrual cycle in the next few days.
Leslie Dawdy
weight gain and period problem it could be many things ( stress and anxiety,thyroid problem,) but the one I am thinking of, and especially if you have acne and unwanted hair on your face, is polycystic ovarian syndrome, it is hard to tell from the little information we have about you so you need to see your primary care and he would be able to run some tests
Bassam Yassine