All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Ovary/Appendix

I have pain around my pelvic area. Is it because of my period or can it be appendicitis? Is it my ovary ? The pain started a day before getting my period. It stops hurting then slowly comes back again . The only time it stops its when I have to pee.
Poster
  • Female | 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 5 days
  • Medications: Ibuprofen
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
This could be menstrual pain (dysmenorrhea) or appendicitis. But without fever, nausea, vomiting or pain radiating down your right lower limb, it will be better to observe you on Ibuprofen until your menstrual period is over. Then you will be re-valuated for appendicitis. But the pain should get worse in the next couple of days, you must proceed to the ER or call 911.
Appendicitis is somewhat unlikely and is usually accompanied by low-grade fever and loss of appetite. Pain from the ovary Can occur at midcycle and is called mittelschmerz and is not pathological.there's always a concern for sexually transmitted disease which could lead to pelvic inflammatory disease though the pain is often worse ,if one has a chlamydial infection sometimes you don't even feel the pain and so with or without symptoms you should be getting your urine tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia until you're 26 years old even if you don't have symptoms. The reduction in pain with urination with slow return doesn't sound so much like a urinary track infection without the frequency of urination and the urgency. There does remain slight possibility of some underlying inflammatory process which is indicated by the pain and the relief with urination and then return when The bladder refills. Hopefully it's not getting any worse and getting better in which case you might not figure out what it actually was but you certainly should get tested and examined anyway
Raymond Rowell
Having been 5 days, it is unlikely to be your appendix. Pelvic pain can have many causes. However, I would be most concerned about a bladder infection, or, if you are sexually active, pelvic inflammatory disease or pregnancy. I would recommend you see your doctor. While there, be sure and discuss birth control if you are sexually active.

Best of luck!
Possibly. Doubt. Possibly.

Appendicitis is usually pain around belly button and right lower quadrant with fever and no appetite. Go to a Pcp or your GYN if you have one....someone who still does pelvic exams. Good luck...think about a pregnancy pee on a stick before going to a med provider
Jeffrey R. Thill