All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

What is this!?

This hurts so much, I need to know what it is.
Poster
  • Female | 18 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Compass Clinic - Dallas Addiction Medicine, Lewisville
Ouch. That does look painful. Looks like an abscess. I would talk to your doctor. In the meantime, I would soak it in warm water or use a warm washcloth.

Best of luck!
This looks like a simple perineal boil or furuncle. But given the location and your age, I would screen for STD and diabetes. Have your pcp drain it and send some pus, blood and urine sample for lab work, before you are started on a broad spectrum antibiotic. Wish you the best possible outcome.
An abscess indeed but if that happens to be near a groin or under the armpit and they recur then it might later be found there is a condition called: (hi Saturday night is supper Kiva) Hidradenitis suppurativa. I had to leave the first parentheses to show how Dictation device is just get better and better
Raymond Rowell
This appears to be an abcess. You should seek medical attention with your health care provider for evaluation and treatment.
Probably an abcess, often called a "boil". Rarely a bot fly can cause a similar lesion. Shoulsd be evaluated, drained , and packed. You may need antibiotics.
Alan Semion
This is an abcess with lots of bacteria inside. You need to have it drained and possibly packed with gauze with daily changes until it heals and closes. Please seek care for this so that you can feel better. Good luck.
Leslie Dawdy
This is an abscess. You should seek medical attention to have it drained. Warm compresses will also be helpful.