All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Hit head

I hit my head on Saturday on my dresser and it is now Thursday and it still hurts to the touch and I still have a small bump. I don't have any other problems form hitting it. Should I see a doctor?
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 4 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 62
  • Weight: 150lbs
  • Medications: Birth control
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Today Clinic - OKC South Family Medicine, Oklahoma City
Without an exam it isn't possible to determine if this is something which will resolve on its own or not, but the odds favor that it will. Unless you are having other symptoms I wouldn't think you'd need to do anything other than perhaps apply some heat and watch it. If you start having nausea or vomiting, increased headaches, blurred or double vision or other issues you should do fine. However if you are concerned enough to ask here, you might feel better having a doctor look at it.
John S. Ferris
1 UpVoted this answer Today Clinic - OKC South Family Medicine, Oklahoma City
No, simple bumps without any other symptoms do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if you think you may have suffered a concussion, which is any change in the way your brain is working (headache, mental fog, emotional changes, irritability, sleep problems, etc.), then yes you need to see your doctor. Otherwise, 4 days with your bump still being sore is not surprising. It will get better with time.

Best of luck!
Without loss of consciousness and without other symptoms and tenderness at the spot where it was hit it is unlikely to result in any serious consequence. It's not a bad idea to check it
Raymond Rowell
Without any other symptoms, chances are you will be fine.

Happy holidays!
Most Doctor's here will say no, as the pain is self limiting not requiring any medication, surgery etc.

However please consider that depending on the newtons of force (high versus low force) exerted on your head and neck during the trauma, you could have suffered a slight whiplash that can cause asymptomatic injuries existing for years.

Best be safe and get a lateral cervical view of your neck from a structural based corrective Chiropractor.

www.discoverhealth.us