All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Bumps on Gum

Recently, discover bumps on my gum. Was wondering the possibility of this being oral warts? Ex-gf had HPV, and I heard their has been an increase of this type of issue.
Poster
  • Male | 26 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

4 UpVoted this answer Rick Liftig, DMD, F.A.G.D. Dentist, West Hartford Vasant Ramlaggan, DDS Dentist, Toronto Cvetan Mechev, DDS Dentist, La Mesa
Oral warts are certainly a possibility, as are quite a few other things such as Fordyce granules. Often times patients may have had interesting features in their mouths for quite a while before finally noticing it themselves. This is only one reason why a good comprehensive exam by a qualified Dentist is so important. We are trained to spot pathology that patients (and sometimes even patients Medical doctors) might never know of. Perhaps you will schedule an appointment today and maybe your Dentist will be able to put your mind at ease with some good news based on qualified knowledge !!
James Blake
2 UpVoted this answer Jonathan E. Zeichner, DDS Periodontist, New York City Cvetan Mechev, DDS Dentist, La Mesa
Based on the above picture HPV is unlikely, but you will need a comprehensive exam by an oral surgeon in order to rule this out.

Moris Aynechi
1 UpVoted this answer Cvetan Mechev, DDS Dentist, La Mesa
A thorough examination by a dentist is always indicated when there is any concern. HPV is a cause of concern and rising in your age category. However, that does not mean that is what you have. Make an appointment with a qualified professional to get a diagnosis and treatment plan, should one be indicated.
They do not appear to be Oral Warts, They look like normal Fordyce granules. A comprehensive oral cancer examination would be recommended.
James Snow
You are now too worried and might be thinking any bump on your gums is an oral wart. They look like fordyce granules to me. I'd just go to oral surgeon or dentist to be certain though.
Denny Cho
See your dentist or periodontist.

If you want it in writing.
Daniel Sena
These appear normal slightly raised but could be stress related take fit c. Does not give me appearance of HPV.
Daniel Sena
Good morning, it would be very important to come inside an office to have that area check by a professional.

Regards,

Island City Smiles
David Warner
It is very difficult from this photo to give you any differential diagnosis. I would suggest that you see your dentist to determine if there is any concern. Most likely it is something benign.
Timothy Agapas
The bumps in the photo are uncommon. Fordyce granules are usually in the skin lining the cheek. I would need to know if the bumps are painful, feel different from your other gum areas, are increasing in number and/or size AND if they are bilateral (left and right sides) to offer an additional opinion.