All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

sternum

I had surgery on my shoulder. After surgery I was in and out of it. I ended up having breathing problems. They were talking to me. I became lethargic the doctor kept doing a sternum rub several times to get me to respond. My chest was bruised. After all that I have had chest pain and breathing problems. Ended up with pneumonia. The doctor in the hospital did a cat scan and it showed a closed fracture and dislocation of the sternum. One of my questions is do you do sternum rub that hard.
Poster
  • 40 years old
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 5"7
  • Weight: 265lbs
  • Medications: 3 weeks
  • Conditions: Asthma and diabetic

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Sounds like they did cpr to you. A sternal rub would not break your sternum.You should mention this incident the next time you need surgery so they can act accordingly and be careful of the meds you get.....I see you are a diabetic...check out Dr Jason Fung on youtube to see how you can make a real difference in your weight , your diabetes and your life...
One of the things that may help with the bruising and the healing is the natural medicine called Arnica. You can get this as a cream in the drug store for topical application, but it would be best to take it orally 3 pellets 3 times daily for one month.

http://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Arnica-Pellets-tube-pack/dp/B004GW7WS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445736417&sr=8-1&keywords=arnica+30c
It is a possibility. The practice of medicine is a very risky profession with a lot of adverse reactions. It is important to weigh the risks with the benefits so as to ascertain whether the benefits are worth the potentially devastating outcomes. The only way to definitively prove damage from said event is to have pre-and post images to compare.

www.discoverhealth.us
I think Dr. Tiwari has a good point. Sternal rub does not involve a great deal of downward pressure, so a fracture from that is most unlikely. Maybe you were less responsive than you realize. Perhaps your life was saved. I see you are asthmatic, if you have had a lot of steroids, that could cause osteoporosis, making you susceptible to fragility fractures. In any case, sternal fractures are of little long term consequence. Be sure to let future caregivers know how easily sedated you are.
John G. Van Derwood
I wonder if they had to do CPR when you became unresponsive. A chest rub is done to provide painful stimulation to wake a patient but should not cause a fracture or dislocation.
Nope. A sternum rum is hard and uncomfortable by design, but would not generally be near enough force to cause a fracture. While we do everything possible to try to minimize the risks, surgery is inherently risky, and the other complications you have suffered are unfortunately not terribly uncommon.

Hope you get to feeling better very soon!