All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Catheter bags filling fast

I just recently had bladder surgery for a hole in my bladder. I have to wear a supra pubic catheter for a couple of weeks. This morning I noticed my leg bag is filling up super fast halfway in 8 to 10 mins. Is there something wrong? Do I need to go to the er?
Poster
  • Female | 28 years old
  • Complaint duration: 1 day

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Make sure the catheter is attached to a standard bag at night. If you had the leg bag on at night, the bladder may have become over distended and now that extra urine is draining. If the drainage continues to be large volume, contact your urologist.
Michael McManus
With SP tubes you only need to go to ER if not draining
Jeffrey R. Thill
A tube in the bladder for bladder repair will drain all the urine when it gets to your bladder so it may fill up rather quickly! If urine drains and you are comfortable I wouldn't suggest an emergency room visit. The more fluids you drink the quicker the bag will fill. If you are still concerned contact the urologist or surgeon who did your procedure.
Aaron Grotas