All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

I have little bumps on the outside of my vagina what could it be?

I've been tested for a full common set of STDs and the results that I received were negative. The bumps don't bother me but I would like to know what they are and how I can get rid of them. They are soft and yellow with flash but looks like my skintone without. Please help.
Poster
  • Female | 20 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Based on your report, suggesting that "a full common set of STDs" is already ruled out, I assume you were told that you are negative for HPV, HSV, CMV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis. However, from your posted/emailed snapshot I notice a heavy discharge, more indicative on the mixed bacterial infection.

Below are plausible remaining causes for your bumps - both venereal and non-venereal:

(1) Skene's duct cyst - occurs on either side of the urethra, mostly with a diameter < 1cm, and mostly asymptomatic; in rare cases may complicate into an abscess, at which time a surgical incision is required with application of a broad spectrum antibiotics (Keflex), or marsupialization;

(2) Bartholin cyst - occurs on either side of the labia minor and can reach to the size of a walnut; symptoms include painful swelling adjacent to introitus, usually at the 4 to 5 o-clock positions; mostly contains gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria; the cyst may drain spontaneously; management includes warm seat baths, incision and drainage (marsupalization);

(3) Nuck hydrocele - a mesothelial cyst full of serous secret; should be managed very carefully as may have a link to the round ligament;

(4) Blocked hair follicles - the bumps are often irritated and tender; management includes antibiotics, large incision, and drainage;

(5) Clogged sweat glands (Hidradenitis suppurativa) - usually antibiotics are required;

(6) Fox Fordyce disease - a condition that causes non-tender clogged sweat glands with pruritic discharge; treatment includes steroid creams, antibacterial applications, laser therapy, and other more specialized means;

(7) Sebaceous cyst of labia minor - small lumps under the skin; those are closed sacs that contain sebum (oil); these are often inaccurately conflated with epidermoid cysts, which by contrast, contain keratin and have a foul odor;

(8) Lastly, several infections that are not included in the routine gyn- screening -

- Molluscum Contagiosum, a viral infection manifested in small, pearly-color, fleshy bumps on the vulva with a central indentation; usually disappear without treatment;

- Haemophilus ducreyi - a bacterial STD (gram-negative coccobacilli) - also known as fake chancroid; is commonly accompanied with enlarged inguinal lymphatic glands (a distinguishing sign from the viral Molluscum); the bumps are painful, mobile, by contrast to the chancre in syphilis; treatment includes macrolides (Azithromycin) and third-generation cephalosporin (Ceftriaxone).
There may be skin tags or genital warts. You will need a colposcopy and directed biopsies to evaluate these better!

Please call your doctor for an appt for further evaluation

Good luck to you! www.lvgyn.com