All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Clomid and spotting

Hi. I am trying to conceive and on clomid 50mg. Have endometriosis. I am currently on cd 24 about 9dpo. This morning I had just a light pink spotting. A few hours later it became more of a bright reddish pink spotting and now it's a very dark pink spotting. Like a pinkish brown. My periods are very irregular but I am having very little cramps and based on the last 2 cycles this is about 4to 5 days early. Should I be concerned? I took a hpt this morning and it was negative but it's so early.
Poster
  • Female | 27 years old
  • Medications: Clomid
  • Conditions: Endometriosis

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
My main concern is not the bleeding but the fact that you are not addressing the real problem, the endometriosis. Clomid makes that worse, you know, because it imbalances the hormones big time, even more than they were that caused the infertility in the first place. Endometriosis is caused by an estrogen overload. By balancing the hormones, endometrial tissue will dissolve and the condition will reverse and you can get pregnant naturally, if that is your desire. Unfortunately, the fertility doctors are not experts in reversing endometriosis. Seeing an acupuncturist or Naturopathic doctor will be helpful, as I have helped many women gain a normal cycle and get pregnant, naturally, and without side effects. If the clomid fails to force you to conceive, not only do you not have a baby, but you have side effects. Why not build the house on a healthy foundation. You wouldn't put a baby in the house if it were falling down; we sure up the house first (Get you healthy) and then get pregnant on your own. Plus, pregnancy will have fewer symptoms (NO symptoms are normal--pregnancy should be a wonderful time) if your hormones are balanced BEFORE you get pregnant, and you'll have a better chance of keeping the baby. Find a local naturopathic doctor atwww.naturopathic.org, and try the following for the next 9 months to INCREASE your fertility and DECREASE endometriosis:'Want a quick and easy way to start balancing your hormones? Whether it's PMS or cramps or plain grumpiness, this simple addition to your day has been shown to help all of these! From day one of your period (the first day you bleed), take 2 TBSP of GROUND flax/chia/pumpkin seeds. Choose any seed you like, but be sure to grind them first. Flax seeds are conveniently sold ground already. Then, 2 weeks later (15 days from start of bleeding), switch to ground sunflower or sesame seeds. If your period is very irregular, you can use the moon cycle: day 1 of the month is the new moon. Then, on the full moon switch to sunflower/sesame seeds. The flax/chia/pumpkin seeds contain oils and compounds that support estrogen, and the other seeds support progesterone, right when we need it. Because this is very powerful, do not use this if you are using any kind of hormonal contraception. Do not use if you are allergic to any of these seeds.'
I think I need to know a little bit more about you. Is this your first cycle of Clomid? How is your doctor monitoring your ovulation? In other words how will he/she determine when you ovulate? Additionally many women will have a longer cycle length on Clomid. Finally light spotting is not that uncommon, it may even be implantation bleeding. I would call whoever is writing your prescription for Clomid and get some direction. You may even be pregnant. Good luck.
In order to determine whether you are taking the right dose of Clomid , you should be testing for ovulation using basal temperature, urine ovulation testing , or blood work. With pink spotting, etc., blood work would be a good idea.
Kyle A Baker