All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Guaze on Incision

I was instructed to put gauze on my incision since my skin hates band aids and now I am dealing with the gauze ripping my my scabs off even when being pulled gently and causing me to bleed I then spend half an hour cleaning (I become a little paranoid) the incision cites while waiting for it to stop bleeding, so my question is what can I do eliminate the pain and mess and still try to get it them to heal?
Poster
  • Female | 26 years old
  • Medications: 54mg concerta may change since I cant seem to get it anywhere
  • Conditions: I am unsure all I know I am very sensitive with my skin

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer Robert N. Severinac, MD Plastic Surgeon, Fort Wayne
Non-adherent gauze like "telfa" can help prevent sticking, as well as ointment on the incisions. Vaseline impregnated gauze can help with this as well.
Almost a year and I'm still dealing with the open wound gauze sticks and that's all kinds. What would be best for me ?
Poster
Incision line healing is critical in surgery. Need more information to help you. where are the incisions, what did you have done, how old are your incisions?
Arian Mowlavi
Place antibiotic over the incision and use a nonadherent gauze like Telfa. If you still get sticking, wet the dressing with sterile normal saline to loosen the bandage.
See your doctor in follow up and review if she wants you to use Telfa, bacitracin, or if you can just let it air dry. Hope you begin to feel better.
There is several things you can do. The easiest would be to pour some water or normal saline on the gauze to decrease the adherence. Wet to dry dressings have been used in wounds to promote healing by removing the necrotic tissue and leaving healthy pink granulation tissue. The other option is to put a bacitracin ointment prior to applying the gauze so that the gauze does not stick to the wound.
There are lots of different dressings that could be used. Telfa and paper tape is a great option. There are also silicone bandages that are really useful when you have sensitive skin. You may have some sort of complication if you are having these scabs. I would call your surgeon and get an evaluation set up. You don't want to cause problems by doing the wrong thing.
Tracy E. McCall
visit the physician who created the incision so he/she can analyse the situation and treat it accordingly. it sounds like you may have a complication as incisions should not have scabs nor bleed.
William Jervis
I recommend to my patients to use a mom stick dressing such as Telfa or Release and paper tape. These can be found in drug stores
Ronald M. Shelton
Try removing the guaze in the shower. Speak with your surgeon about this.

Best Wishes,

Robert Zaworski, M.D.
Robert E. Zaworski