All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Why is my body rapidly atrophying?

For the past two years I've had an unknown disease that rapidly causes my muscles to atrophy and lose mass in the blink of an eye. It starts in my arms and travels to my torso, neck, face, then my legs. I go from regular and vascular with some muscle definition to the human embodiment of Jack Skellington. I physically shrink. It doesn't matter if I exercise or not it just happens from time to time. I am occasionally normal but mostly not. I can easily see all of the ligaments in my hands.
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: prozac 10 mg
  • Conditions: Acid Reflux and GAD

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

2 UpVoted this answer
I am not sure why your inquiry was directed to me, as I am specialized in Obstetrics-Gynecology, Reproductive Health, and Medical Law. However, based on my oath and discipline, I will try to give a comprehensive answer - so you will know where to redirect your question.

You seem suffering not a muscular atrophy, but a muscular dystrophy - as atrophy cannot be disseminated. You also have generalized anxiety disorder, pyloric reflux, and you take a selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor, the antidepressant (prozac) that increases prolactin levels. I believe, the GAD and reflux are not the reasons of your muscular dystrophy or pre-cachectic state. Those are just symptoms along others, and the main cause is different. So if you keep "treating" a few symptoms only, don't hope for a success.

Muscular dystrophy has a complex causality with the main biochemical rationale of alteration of the protein synthesis. The swift picture of the "gene-to-protein pathway" is this: (1) Transcription - the RNA copies of itself and translates to create a protein; (2) Translation - the genetic sequence is conversed into the protein sequence with the help of transfer RNA (tRNA). Thus, we need to "hunt" after RNA to understand your ailment.

The ribonucleic acid (RNA) is a catalyzer (the "coach") of biological reactions, controlling gene expression, or sensing and communicating responses to cellular signals. One of these active processes is protein synthesis.

There are three types of RNA: messenger, translator, and regulator. In some reasons (including "mal-breathing" or chronic respiratory diseases), the mutated genes produce an expanded version of messenger RNA. This is a clue to the altered protein synthesis.

.The established reasons for muscular dystrophy are:

- diseases of thumys (Myasthenia Gravis, velocardiofacial syndrome or DiGeorge syndrome)

- congestive heart failure

- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

- Dejerine Sottas neuropathy (Type III) - mutation of certain genes that lead to massive neirophathy

- Charcot–Marie–Tooth disease - again, gene mutations leading to peripheral neuropathy

- intenstine parasites - tapeworms, pinworms, roundworms, and protozoa

- liver diseases

- normochrome and hypochrome anemia

- cancer.

On the onset note, I would suggest you work on your breathing. Try breathing yoga. Commonly, the normal BMI adults, in non-stress (physical, emotional) state, are having 13-16 breathing movements per minute. Try to voluntarily increase your breathing acts to 23 per minute, while waking. Do this for 30 minutes , three times per day. And, do this - after cardiac issues are ruled-out (especially, the vulvar stenosis).

Good luck.
Dr. Naira has gone out of her way to explain why the. Issue to you...I am a biochemist and an endocrinologist. ...she is right in her explanation. ...get yr thyroid profile done....do u starve a lot?....do u eat lesser protein?...wats yr sex?
DR. ZAAR