All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Lighter Period

I'm on a birth control pill [have been taking it consistently for years] and had protected sex with a condom about 2-3 days before my period. My period came on time, but it is lighter than usual. My previous three periods were very heavy and painful, but that was uncommon for me. It is highly unlikely I'm pregnant, but what would cause such a drastic chance in my flow?
Poster
  • Female | 28 years old
  • Complaint duration: 3 days
  • Medications: Beyaz
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Pregnancy is unlikely and light periods on birth control pills are a common effect. Many factors can influence your hormone production and metabolism and cause fluctuation in the amount of flow. Changing pills or having the pharmacy switch your pill to less expensive generic are examples. Other medications, antibiotics , illness , stress are other causes. Generally if your period has come at the appropriate time and you have been diligent about taking your pills, you can chaulk this up to hormone fluctuations and not worry about it. Taking a home pregnancy test to ease your mind would be reasonable.
Kyle A Baker
I agree it would be virtually impossible to be pregnant when you have been using protection (I assume condoms) and the birth control pill. Most women have fairly light periods on Beyaz but it may be that the lining of your uterus had a higher number of estrogen receptors and therefore more endometrial tissue to shed when you were experiencing those "three periods" that were heavy and painful. I would expect going forward that the majority of your periods will be light if not see a GYN. Good luck.
Pregnancy is always possible but I agree unlikely. Menstrual cycles can vary some even on OCPs with age as other things develop - hormonal changes, fibroids, polyps, etc. I would recommend checking a pregnancy test and follow over the next few months. If these symptoms persist, an evaluation by your OB/GYN should be considered.
Patrick Ramsey
The endometrial changes caused by the OC.