All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Overweight prior to pregnancy

I'm a 36 year old female, 5' 7" tall and currently weigh 175lbs. I'd like to start to try and get pregnant. If I get pregnant, are there any risks involved for me (since I'm overweight now, the extra weight is around my belly, buttocks, and upper thigh) and the baby?
Poster
  • Female | 36 years old
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Height: 57
  • Weight: 200lbs
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
I don't think there will be any issues, but my suggestion is that you lose 20 pounds and I can help u with it in 40 days or so.....please contact or Google dr.zaar
DR. ZAAR
First of all you are not as overweight as you may think compared to the general population. Having said that I would always like my patients to be in the best shape possible prior to achieving pregnancy. I noticed you are 36 years old and not on Folic acid or prenatal vitamins. I would first recommend getting on a prenatal vitamin with 1 mg of Folic acid also called Folate to decrease your risk for certain birth defects. Unfortunately you can do nothing about the age of your eggs but at 36 I would not waste a lot of time trying to lose 20 lbs I would be more concerned about optimizing your chances for conceiving. I would definitely see a board certified OB/Gyn now to get help. Good luck.
Your BMI is 27.4 which is in an overweight category. With obesity (BMI > 30.0) there are increased risks with pregnancy related to birth defects, blood pressure complications, diabetes in pregnancy, abnormally increased baby growth, cesarean delivery, etc. You would not be at substantial increased risk for these complications where you are at now. Active dieting is not recommended during pregnancy but getting to a health body weight is always the best option before pregnancy. I think you are ok now to try to get pregnant. Be sure to get on prenatal vitamins with at least 400 mcg of folic acid about a month before you attempt to get pregnant. Good luck!
Patrick Ramsey
Overweight and obese pregnant women belong to the high perinatal risk group, as they require thromboprophylaxis and frequent monitoring of the diastolic blood pressure.