All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Please help

I have irregular periods ,always have so after a negative pergnancy test I started to take dong qaui vitamins and parsley tea to get my period started. I took don qaui one day every 2 hours and drank parsley tea twice a day for 2 days. I found out this morning I'm pregnant I had my first miscarriage in Nov after trying for a year. I am terrified that this is going to cause a miscarriage ,do you think my baby will be OK I'm so worried is there anything I can do to help prevent a miscarriage.
Poster
  • Female | 24 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Medications: None
  • Conditions: None

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer Jon Buratti, ND, PhD, Naturopathic Doctor, Burbank
From your question it sounds like you only took the herbs for a day or two. In my experience, herbs don't work overnight. It takes time to bring about significant hormonal change. You did not say when you took the herbs - how long between the time you took them and the time you found you were pregnant. Assuming that it has been a couple of days at least, the effect will have worn off by now. I agree with what others here have said - Avoid self-prescribing herbs during pregnancy! Also, please be assured that a miscarriage is not an indicator of future success or failure and neither is menstrual difficulty. Each pregnancy is as different as the child it produces. Now that you are pregnant, you have one goal - becoming a healthy Mom. Your baby can only be as healthy as you are. Focus on eliminating stress - try some simple forms of meditation. Try to connect emotionally with your baby. If you can tune in to your body and your baby, you may get the internal reassurance you need. Give your attention to a healthy diet, fresh air and sunlight, and plenty of water and rest. Find something to make you laugh every day! For a healthy diet, avoid sugar, genetically modified foods, hydrogenated oils, and synthetic vitamins. The best multi-vitamin in the world is a glass of fresh raw vegetable juice - store bought bottled juices are too high in salt and they are not raw. Consider getting a juice machine - it will be a wonderful asset for you and later for your baby. I suggest 24 - 36 oz daily of fresh juices made from carrot, romaine lettuce, celery, spinach, kale, cucumber, tomato - pretty much any vegetable you like, but keep the fruit juices to a minimum. If medical interventions are stressful to you, consider finding a qualified midwife to help you manage your pregnancy and delivery. Midwives have an excellent track record for safe deliveries and are known for less "medicalizing" of the whole process.They also know how to handle herbs during pregnancy. I pray you will have a happy healthy pregnancy and a happy healthy baby.
Jana L.Scott
1 UpVoted this answer Arun Sharma, ND Naturopathic Doctor, Gilbert
Stop worrying. One miscarriage is not considered as a habitual miscarriage. Eat and sleep well, consume fruits, berries, raw vegetable, fiber to avoid constipation. Do not lift weight over 2 kg. Avoid sexual intercourse for a wile. Change the dominant by taking a book and indulging into someone else's story. Congratulations!
Change your diet and/or life-style to veagan-vegetarian, with much rest & sunshine & light exercise, plenty of fluids & fresh air...and Give your problems & concerns to GOD, then everything will work out alright...OK??!! Amen??!!!! GOD Bless 'Ya....
Dong Qaui is a very estrogenic plant that can create imbalance between estrogens, progesterone and other hormones.for that matter. healthy pregnancy require balanced hormones through out the 9 months.
I'm sure you're nervous, but do what you can to remain calm - many factors effect fetal growth and the viability of a pregnancy, including the mother's emotional well-being. Dong quai has been shown to have anti-progesteronic actions and can cause uterine contractions, but whether your recent use has effected your current pregnancy is nearly impossible to determine without further information. Take good care of yourself and go see a provider as soon as possible so s/he can take your full history, get all the details of this pregnancy, do a thorough physical exam, and order any relevant tests. I recommend working with a licensed medical provider to optimize your health, including maternity and fertility.
Chrissie Cirovic, ND
probably not.
Victor Shabanah
Health is your birthright. What ever goes wrong in your system, is surely a sign of lowered level of health. Things get complicated when you search for specifics. The body works as an organic whole. Different parts of the body do not work independently. There may be a problem in one part, but the expression is of the whole body and not the problem of that part of the body. Feed the whole body healthy natural foods, exercise adequately and rest enough - physically and mentally. In the privacy of your room, expose your body to direct sunlight for a short duration and stop before the body gets heated. The light of sun is a great healer. Wrap the lower abdomen with a cotton, wet cloth for 20 minutes twice a day soon after sun exposure. You will strengthen your uterus that way. If you can undertake one day mono diet of just tender coconut water, once a week, it will help greatly. Have courage and be happy engaging in your favorite hobbies and engaging your mind in favorite things.
Arun Sharma
It is always wise to consult with a herbalist or naturopath before experimenting with herbs. Once the herbalist and naturopath have defined which herbs are suitable for you, you may then clear it with your primary care physician.
Margaret Bailey
Sepia is a homeopathic remedy which may help to prevent morning sickness and miscarriages after the first trimester.
Margaret Bailey
I know I sound very mixed up but I want with all my heart to have a baby the reason I took the herbs was my obgyn wants to do a tube test (I'm not sure the name) where they use dye to see if the tubes are blocked or damaged... It took me 3 months to get this apt and they will only do it when your on your period so after the negative test I just wanted to be able to do the test my period can go up to 3 months this whole thing has give me a break down
Poster