All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

I have discovered small hard bumps on my introitus and was wondering what they could possibly be?

They are hard, white-ish, entirely painless, and are sort of formed in a line along the inside wall/opening. I haave been sexually active with one partner, although I haven't had sex in the past two months.
Poster
  • Female | 19 years old
  • Complaint duration: 3 days
  • Medications: Ortho tri cyclen birth control

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
It looks like a primary syphilis. The abstinence for two month does not rule it out, as the prodromal period may range from 14 to 90 days - with a mean of 21 days. Your blood test would be negative at this stage, thus do not rely on it. You must show the lumps to a venerologist.
1 UpVoted this answer
These are most likely epidermoid cysts. They are plugged skin glands and the material collects behind the obstruction causing the hard little mostly painless bumps. A exam can confirm this.
Peter M. Dayton
1 UpVoted this answer
Genital warts can often form a line, however, they are generally soft and have a cauliflower appearance. Warts can be transmitted despite condom use, and can be treated easily. Not all patients receive adequate coverage from Gardasil, a vaccine that protects women and men from HPV (human papilloma virus, the virus that causes warts and cervical cancer).

Cysts are often uncomfortable and do not form a line.

Initial outbreaks of Herpes Virus do not always cause pain, however, they do cause flu-like symptoms. Your doctor can run a blood test to test for HSV1/2 to tell you for certain if you are a carrier. Again, condoms do not always protect you against herpes transmission, as they can be at the base of the penis, where a condom would not cover.

Your gynecologist will examine you, perhaps swab the area for culture or testing, and possibly recommend a blood panel. I always recommend patients have annual STD testing - even if they've had one partner.
1 UpVoted this answer
These would need to be examined in order to give you an adequate answer.
Helard Ballon Hennings
1 UpVoted this answer
Best to examine these.