All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Late period with long cycles, should I be concerned?

I have been tracking my period cycles now for five months on an app, being 28, 43, 34, and 31. Putting me at a 35 day average, so I should've started July 1st. My last period started may 28th, I'm now on day 47 with no period yet. Should I be concerned of pregnancy? Or could it just be a longer cycle than one I've been tracking recently?
Poster
  • 22 years old
  • Complaint duration: 10 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Irregular periods are caused by many factors, even in your age (22). If you are sexually active, test for pregnancy. If you do not plan a child, then oral contraceptives could help regulate your cycles. Better to get examined by a professional, as pelvic inflammatory disease, and the lack of luteinizing hormone (LH) can also be role players.
Best to do a pregnancy test.
Either one is possible. If sexually active, get a pregnancy test. Use birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy and using the pill will make you regular. Get hormone tests and a check up to find out why your periods are prolonged if not pregnant.
It could just be a longer cycle but you can do a fertility test from the drug store for more information. I am not as much concerned about pregnancy as the fact that you have a hormonal imbalance. I anticipate you also have cramps and possibly acne before your cycle that is on the chin or the cheeks. Birth control pills cover up these symptoms and make it look like you have a normal cycle (and have side effects including depression, weight gain, low sex drive, dry skin and hair, and increased risk of certain cancers). The best way I find to help get a normal cycle is to remove sugar and milk (which contributes to acne and testosterone) and by following the plan below:

'Want a quick and easy way to start balancing your hormones? Whether it's PMS or cramps or plain grumpiness, this simple addition to your day has been shown to help all of these! From day one of your period (the first day you bleed), take 2 TBSP of GROUND flax/chia/pumpkin seeds. Choose any seed you like, but be sure to grind them first. Flax seeds are conveniently sold ground already. Then, 2 weeks later (15 days from start of bleeding), switch to ground sunflower or sesame seeds. If your period is very irregular, you can use the moon cycle: day 1 of the month is the new moon. Then, on the full moon switch to sunflower/sesame seeds. The flax/chia/pumpkin seeds contain oils and compounds that support estrogen, and the other seeds support progesterone, right when we need it. Because this is very powerful, do not use this if you are using any kind of hormonal contraception. Do not use if you are allergic to any of these seeds.'

FLAX IS FIRST; SESAME IS SECOND!