All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Missed my period 47 days

I already went to the doctor to see if I were pregnant and it came up negative. I feel my period is trying to come and I don't have pregnancy symptoms at all.
Poster
  • Female | 21 years old
  • Complaint duration: 47 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
There can be several transient causes: ovarian cyst, aseptic endometritis, STI, stress, anemia, hypovolemia and low blood pressure, intake of oral contraceptives, even one episodic intake of estrogen-rich food or supplements (St. John's Wart, for example). If you do not suffer pain, or fever, or atypical bleeding, then do nothing and wait for the next period to come. There is no need to undergo sophisticated hormonal screenings at this time. Although the doctor you have seen has ruled-out pregnancy, try a few more home- pregnancy tests for peace of mind.
1 UpVoted this answer
There are many reasons you don't have a period. I assume you previously had menstrual cycles. If they have always been irregular, you may have PCOS or insulin resistance. Your physician may opt to give you progesterone to bring on your menstrual cycle. If you fail to have a period after that, it generally means that you ovary is not making sufficient estrogen to prepare the uterine lining. In that case, your physician may give you estrogen and progesterone to see if that recreates bleeding. An FSH level can also provide important clues. If very high, it might indicate ovarian failure. If in the normal range, it suggests ovulation. If very low, it can indicate that your pituitary gland is not secreting FSH and LH to stimulate ovarian funtion. A transvaginal ultrasound is often helpful to evaluate the cause.
Mark Perloe
Many possible reasons for this, from stress, change of diet or exercise, travel, illness, medications, ovarian cysts, etc. If repeat pregnancy test is still negative (first may have been too early), your doctor will give you some pills to bring down your period.
This needs to be looked into,

because the period is late.