All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

HPV

Is this genital warts? I need clarification because I don't have the money to see a professional. I would love an answer. I'm scared.
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 90 days

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies
Whatever it is, you can fight it off yourself without drugs (that doesn't mean you shouldn't have it checked if you can). Try Vitamin A at 50,000IU daily for one month (unless you have ANY sort of liver disease). You'll need probiotics like Culturelle to support vaginal health. Yoghurt does NOT cut it. Lysine is also antiviral. You can take 3g daily for 3 months. Also, you can plug your symptoms intowww.abchomeopathy.com to find a unique remedy for your specific symptoms.
I am not convinced by the photo that you have genital warts. The location is not common. i would call your County Health Department and find out what services are available. They may offer free sexually transmitted infection testing. Good luck.
From the picture you emailed, it looks like you have a few lesions of genital warts.

There are are actually more than 100 related viruses in this group of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV). Off the 100, roughly 60 types cause warts on the areas like hands or feet. The other 40 or so, are sexually transmitted. In women, genital warts most often appear on the vulva, around the anus, in the vagina, on the groin, and on/in the cervix.

High-risk HPV strains include HPV 16 and 18, which cause about 70% of the cervical cancers. Other high-risk HPV viruses include 31, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 58, and a few others.

Low-risk HPV strains, such as HPV 6 and 11, cause about 90% of genital warts, which rarely develop into cancer.

There are no blood tests for HPV, but some tests can help your health care provider diagnose the infection: Pap Smear, Colposcopy, and DNA test.
No. But you need

to have a Pap test

to check for HPV.
This could be genital warts caused by the HPV virus, although they usually appear on the skin surfaces of the lips of the vagina. There are other conditions that look like this and needs to be evaluated by a doctor or clinic.
Yes it looks like HPV also called genital warts. This is transmitted thru direct contact usually thru sexual intercourse. It is likely type 6 or 11 which are included in the HPV vaccines called Gardasil and the new Gardasil 9. The good news is usually it will resolve spontaneously. The bad news is it can take 3-6 months. You should use condoms and do not receive oral sex as it is contagious by direct contact.
Nancy E. Bass