All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Nexplanon and diet pills?

I am currently on the nexplanon implant. I haven't been on it too long. I want to start taking weight loss supplements and I want to know if it's safe and if it will interfere with my birth control effectiveness. The pills are called Citrus Fit. I checked the main ingredients on the bottle and none of them matched any of the ingredients that the nexplanon says might interfere with the birth control. I want to be sure. I don't want to risk my health and I don't want to get pregnant.
Poster
  • Female | 20 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

6 UpVoted this answer
I am not familiar with Citrus Fit but looking at the content information posted online this medicine could be a cause of the multiple health issues especially in combination with your birth control implant. I would advise you against taking this weight loss product. There are many other things you can do to lose weight. Start with checking your hormones and balancing your diet. Create some work out regimen, consider getting Infra Red Sauna treatments, look into anti- inflammatory diet - all of those approaches must be considered BEFORE reaching out for any diet pills.
Marianna Abrams
5 UpVoted this answer
It is very unlikely that any of the ingredients in your dietary supplement pills will interfere with the effectiveness of the Nexplanon. However you should be aware that one of the most common side effects of Progesterone, which is the hormone in the Nexplanon, is increased appetite and weight gain. While contraception is your highest priority, if you

are continuing to struggle to control your weight , the Nexplanon may not be the best choice for you.
Kyle A Baker
2 UpVoted this answer
HI,

I looked up the ingredients: Main Componentes: Lemon seed, L-camitine, Green Tea, Bitter Orange Artichoke Bioflavonoids Marine Algae, Ginger root, Garcina cambogia, Starch. These things are suppose to help you burn fat. I don't think these would interfere with the Nexplanon. However, apparently there has been some issues with the components as someone else mentioned below. The FDA website has a good article on it:

" {1-28-2014] The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers not to purchase or use Citrus Fit Gold, a product promoted and sold for weight loss on various websites, includingwww.citrusfit.com1, and in some retail stores.

FDA laboratory analysis confirmed that Citrus Fit Gold contains sibutramine. Sibutramine is a controlled substance that was removed from the market in October 2010 for safety reasons. The product poses a threat to consumers because sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, or stroke. This product may also interact, in life-threatening ways, with other medications a consumer may be taking."

Based on this, as this is a credited website, I would not recommend buying nor taking the product. I think starting with groups that are healthy like Weight Watchers, Slim Fit, and other legit weight loss centers would be better off. Good luck!
1 UpVoted this answer
Weight loss supplements

are always questionable

and not recommended.
1 UpVoted this answer
I am unfamiliar with Citrus Fit. My advice is, that in your age (20), you should think of natural means of weight control, rather than taking "weight loss supplements." Consume fresh, uncooked vegetables (lcucumber, melon) , greens (parsley, celery), fruits (green apple, pomegranate) and all kind of berries (raspberry, gooseberry, blackberry). Consume kefir (cultured yogurt) instead of milk, sourcream, gelato, or icecream. For loosing weight, eat HIGH CALORIE food in small portions (lox, lamb or mushroom stew, sea scallops). Avoid LOW CALORIE food, like baked or well processed food (cookies, candies, pasta, chips, etc) or skim milk. Walk one hour per day (running is not necessary) and combine it with breathing yoga ( 22-23 breathing acts per minute). "Diet pills" or "vitamin supplements" do not know about your body. They are as much solutions as a drop in the ocean. This is my opinion (which I can prove scientifically) but feel free to discuss it with others before making your final choice.
1 UpVoted this answer
I've just looked on the Citrus Fit official website and they say they are no longer selling them because of unsafe imitations on the market. I can't find out what's in them but if they contain grapefruit that can interfere with liver metabolism of contraceptives and many drugs.
Serena Markham
1 UpVoted this answer
All diet pills are dangerous,even if they have FDA approval. The healthy way to lose weight is to ear healthy(plenty greens&fruits,to help u consume more greens&fruits get a juicer like Nutribullet for 100$. Eat white meat like chicken&fish,lentils&beans. Order from Amazon doctor William Davis books"wheat Belly Total Health and wheat belly cook ' book to learn how to eat Gluten-free. Also EXERCISE very important. Additionally, u can call my office to get instructions on a modified HCG diet 305-777-1670.
Victor Shabanah
If you want to lose weight you have to open up the channels of elimination. You are holing on to metabolic and dietary acid so I would suggest reading The pH Miracle Weight Loss and lose the acidic weight for good. In 12 weeks you will be 90 pounds lighter. www.phoreveryoung.com orwww.amazon.com to order the book.
I would not try to advise you at this stage of your life. You have already got an implant and you want opinion from a person who does not believe in any anti natural course of actions. Please ask any one who follows medical system. I would strongly stop resorting to artificial means of stopping a natural life processes.

Arun Sharma www.imanah.com
Arun Sharma
Those pills should not interfere with Nexplanon
Helard Ballon Hennings