All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Do you know what could be wrong

In April my period came a week early, light, then spotting, got off & I started having these constant pains left side of vagina. Constant pains lasted for 2 weeks, now there ever now and then. May, 1st I started it was a week early once again &' its really heavy &' blood clots, I'll use the bathroom &' the stool would be filled. What do you think is wrong?
Poster
  • Female | 20 years old
  • Complaint duration: 14 days
  • Medications: No
  • Conditions: No

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Given your description (involving pain) I would not guess at the hypothalamic origin of your metrorrhagia/menorrhagia. There are too many causes.

The ones with the most likelihood are these:

(1) Pregnancy (uterine, atopic)

(2) Polyps (biopsy if often uninformative; requires hysteroscopy)

(3) Leiomyoma (needs hysteroscopy and hystero-salpingogram)

(4) Vaginal trauma

The ones with the least likelihood are these:

(5) Halbans syndrome (persistent corpus luteum) - generally resolves spontaneously

(6) Erratic oral contraceptive

(7) Wrong hormonal therapy

(8) Coagulation disorders (Von Willebrand) or wrong anticoagulant therapy

(9) Excessive antiprostaglandin therapy

(10) Overuse of Depo-provera (usually in much older women)

(11) Uterine arterio-venous (A-V) fistulas

(9) Neoplasms (in much older women).

You need an immediate check-up. I believe, your condition would be resolved quickly. Ask any additional question if you'd like. We are here for you. Good luck.
Boy there could be an ovarian cyst as my colleague below explained. They can come and go without specific therapy, but to be safe, I'd make an appointment to rule out pregnancy, infection, or a hormone imbalance that's just getting started. With this kind of problem going on, I would start a whole food plant based diet. Really. Cut out all meat fish dairy eggs cheese. Just whole fruits and veggies, beans and grains. Try it for 4 weeks and see if it changes your life.
Douglas J. Krell
We start out with a pregnancy

test. Then if the exam shows

an ovarian cyst, it would be

the reason for the pains and

the bleeding could be due

to dysfunctional uterine

bleeding. Either way the

treatment is simple.
keep it simple. The most direct step is a gyn exam. My guess is that it is not serious.
Victor Shabanah
This is not unusual but needs an evaluation. First, need to rule-out abnormal pregnancy with a pregnancy test. If this is negative, problem may be an ovarian cyst. Recommendation is for GYN exam and ultrasound
This could be a number of issues. The most pressing concern would be the potential for a pregnancy related issue. If you are not pregnant a number of other medical problems could be contributing to your symptoms. I would encourage you to seek care from a Gynecologist as soon as possible to ensure nothing dangerous is occurring.
I'm not sure exactly what is going on without an exam or ultrasound. Your cycle length may be on the shorter side but that would not explain the left vaginal pain or the blood clots. I would definitely recommend that you find and follow up with a GYN provider.