All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

bumps both side after scar revision surgery , how to manage?

I have scar revision surgery before 4 week...

now there is bumps at the both end of scar.. goes when streching the scar..

scar is not also good ..

How to manage??
Poster
  • Male | 24 years old
  • Complaint duration: 20 days
  • Ethnicity: Asian Indian
  • Medications: sun screen
  • Conditions: no

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
Based on the pictures, I would have you treated with our scar laser at this tiem, the Cynosure LUX 1540, to help soften the scar and smooth out the bumps. Also continue to use a scar gel. This scar is in the early phase of healing and normally will improve with time alone. You should see it looking better at three months, so be patient, as full resolution takes 6-12 months.
1 UpVoted this answer
The bumps you are concerned about a often referred to as "dog-ears". They will often smooth out spontaneously and this can be helped along with over the counter scar remedies and massage. I also notice that you have olive skin and unfortunately scars in such a complexion will often be dark and have a greater tendency to become thickened or "hypertrophic". The good news is that, again, time is a wonderful healer and it is far too early for you to be concerned about the final result of your surgery. In your case it may take as long as a year for everything to settle down. In the meantime I'm sure your surgeon will keep an eye on things and deal with anything unforeseen. Stay in touch with him/her.
Louis Mes
1 UpVoted this answer
Continue your silicone sheets to help mold the scar.

Place firm pressure at the ends with your clean fingertip to push down the bumps and hold for a minute.

Bumps will improve in some months. Scar will continue to improve over the next three months.
Keith A. Denkler
Jim Smith
The edges of the scar demonstrate what are called "dog ears." "Dog Ears" are raised skin edges following scar revision. Time will likely improve the scar. I generally recommend the use of Scar Away silicone strips for improvement in scars at six weeks following the procedure. This will help to soften the scar and improve pigmentation. Good luck!
After scar revision surgery, there are many options for improving its appearance. I would recommend massaging the scar with small circles 30 seconds, twice daily. If this does not improve, relay your concerns to your surgeon. Best wishes!
John C. Layke
The edges of your scar look very typical for only 4 weeks out. I would give the scar at least 12 full months before considering any surgical revision. In the mean time you might want to consider a laser treatment to help even out the edges but I would definitely recommend applying Biocorneum 1-2 times daily to protect the scar from any sun damage.
Scars such as this usually improve with time. Scars reach full maturity at 9-12 months. Early scar treatment therapy is important and includes topical silicone gel and topical silcone sheeting, scar massage and various forms of laser therapy including erbium laser resurfacing and fractionated laser resurfacing and a ND:YAG laser to name a few. Best wishes.
Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for scar management. Even though the scar is in the early healing phase, rubbing scar cream may help it smooth out. Best to you!
Robert E. Zaworski
The best person to ask is your surgeon who knows the surgical reason for this choice of incision. Early scars can be treated with microneedling or dermabration. Also topical silicone gels are helpful.
Theodore Staahl