All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

2nd revision lipo and BBL

Looking to do a 2nd revision of lipo and BBL. Dr did not do his due diligence twice and improper BBL technique. What is the best techniques I should be looking for from my next doctor to smooth out my uneven stomach, uneven buttocks where the fat did not retain twice? Because it is a 2nd revision what are some of the challenges and risks?
Poster
  • Female | 34 years old

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

3 UpVoted this answer
Brazilian Butt Lift has two components: removing fat through liposuction from a donor site and then injecting the pure fat into the layers of the buttock. The liposuction should be performed carefully so as not create issues with the donor sites. Injection technique and fat preparation help to optimize the fat graft take in the buttock. Excellent results can be attained with a second session of grafting. Issues with repetitive fat harvest and grafting, include scarring and non-viable fat, which may make harvest from the same donor sites not optimal.
2 UpVoted this answer
I would look into SAFE lipo assisted revision to smooth everything out. You may or may not have enough fat for the buttock augmentation, no one can tell you without an exam. There are techniques, such as SAFE lipo to even out previous irregular liposuctioned areas, and this may also be of value in the buttocks, prior to fat grafting. SAFE is separation and fat equalization and is done with expanded basket cannulas without liposuction attached. Dr. Simeon Wall, Jr. in Louisiana has taught this technique.

Whatever technique is used, it needs to be done by an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. You should get several in person consultations and get an idea of how difficult they think it will be to correct your situation and then have realistic expectations, because it is much easier to do the first time than the third time.
1 UpVoted this answer
Sorry to hear you are unhappy with you liposuction results. Unfortunately, this is a common finding. Liposuction, in my opinion, is marketed as a simple outpatient procedure. However, achieving satisfactory results is quite challenging. Contour irregularities in the skin are often seen following liposuction. It is important for your physician to perform liposuction in the deep plan of fat to avoid irregularities. When extensive irregularities in abdominal skin often require an abdominoplasty to tighten and smooth the skin. Nothing will help your prospective physician more than a good physical exam. This will allow your doctor to assess the quality of you skin and tissue. Good Luck!!
Irregularities are common even for experienced surgeons. I doubt there is any improper technique. Massage massage massage and you must continue regular exercise. Developing your muscles is the only safe way to get your results.
Tough to tell what is going on from your photo, but here are some general thoughts... The challenge in your case is operating in an area with scar and the risk is making things worse with more ripples and unevenness. Are you seeing a board certified plastic surgeon? If not, find one. Have you tried endermology to help smooth the lumpy areas? Are you giving enough time for all the healing to occur? If you are doing fat transfers (which can help with larger indentations), finding 'virgin' fat will be important as it has better survivability than scarred fat.
"2nd revision of Lipo"....Agree with the previous recommendation to have several in person evaluation with qualified Cosmetic Physicians.....Fat grafting is less invasisve and may provide improvement without more risk, other less invasive laser/Light treatment procedures can supplement the fat grafting treatment Zeltiq, Ultherapy and Zerona light treatment to name a few.....GOOD LUCK!
Nicolas Colorado
Contour irregularities following liposuction are very difficult to correct. Fat grafting will be required and the Adivive system for harvesting fat has the highest rate of fat cell viability and should be used. Another issue is that depressed areas often are adherent to the underlying muscle fascia and must be broken up before fat can be injected. I find that use of the laser liposuction system: SlimLipo enables me to break up these contractions more effectively and less traumatically than using a standard liposuction cannula such as PAL.

In my opinion your first goal should be to correct the contour deformities and then he'll. If you have other areas of fat that can be harvested to enhance the buttocks I would wait at least a year before attempting a redo of the Brazilian but lift.
Secondary liposuction deformities our best corrected with a technique called autografting supplemented with fat grafting. Autografting involves using specialized equipment called power assisted liposuction ( PAL ) , which is used to free up the scar tissue without suction applied . Then appropriate fat grafting can be performed and other areas of residual fat deposits can be meticulously suctioned. The proper Brazilian butt lift involves fat grafting directly into the gluteus maximus muscle where there is a greater blood supply than the overline subcutaneous tissue. The percentage of fat grafting success using this method should range between 60% and 80%. Make sure to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon and preferably a member of the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery who has a good track record of Brazilian buttock lifting and fat grafting. Best of luck.
Consult with someone with experince like our Vaser Lipo that melts the fat leaving a smooth appearance. Also, someone that has experince in fat grafting. There can always be risks and unknown challenges with any procedure. Educate yourself with the pros and cons. I suggest you get a thorough consultation and walk away with confidence your needs will be met. Second procedures can be safe and effective. Unfortunatley, we ocassionally see new patients that did not get the results they were expecting from elsewhere. Many times we are able to help.
Vincent Ivers
Hello

It depends on the procedure and your current situation.You can e-mail your pictures for evaluation.(front,lateral and oblique views).

Dr Farahvash
Mohammad R. Farahvash