All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

rash

I am a large woman and i have real bad hair bumps and severe rash in bikini area and on my hump. I sweat a lot and its gotten very painful. I have used triplr abx, diaper rash cream, jock itch spray, powder. Nothing helps.
Poster
  • Female | 49 years old
  • Complaint duration: 90 days
  • Medications: See question
  • Conditions: Diabetes

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

This is very frequently seen with diabetes. Your Ob-Gyn will need to treat this with antifungal cream, usually Lotrisone twice daily and recommend not to shave, reduce weight, keep area dry by using Corn Starch Baby Powder every 3 hours, and keep diabetes under control by avoiding sweets and starches.
Very common to get a fungus in the areas that are warm and moist. Nystatin powder often does the trick.
Have you tried using calamine lotion or arnica cream?
Margaret Bailey
You could have a condition called hidradenitis suppurative which is a type of acne that involves the folds. You should be evaluated by a dermatologist so that a definitive diagnosis can be made. In the meantime, use an antibacterial soap when bathing, an anti-yeast powder during the day, and try to lose weight.
First, stop shaving if you are. Make sure you use only cotton panties, but even the elastic band can also trap moisture, so many large women find men's boxer shorts more comfortable. Take showers, not baths because you

want to stay as dry as possible. Tinea curries, or fungal infection of the skin folds is likely. A good cream can be

ordered by your doctor. I like ketoconazole 2% twice a day for 2 weeks. Diabetes from obesity leads to the worst

fungal infections so have you doctor check for this, and follow his/her advice.
I agree with Dr Geisse,as this sounds like candida intertrigo[a type of skin fold yeast infection]. Do your best to loose weight and treat three times daily with a cream or powder containing miconazole. If you do not rapidly improve, see your Dermatologist
Alan Semion
Hi,

Consider using medi honey Derma or barrière bream. I've seen it be very successful in what you are describing.

Good luck,

Debbie
Debbie Smrz
Rash is like candidiasis the bumps could be the same or staph folliculitis

see a dermatologist
John K. Geisse
The skin is an elimination organ. As such it is trying to eliminate toxns that the body is unable to get rid of otherwise.

in order to eliminate the problem we need to detoxify the body of things like yeast and other toxins. Everything you have tried so far is treating the symptoms. Once we eliminate the cause, the problem will go away.