All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Why don't I like sex? Plz help !!

I feel excitement but am not able to enjoy intercourse, just doing it because i need baby... i haven't talked to my hubby about this because he may feel bad or may be scold me :( i dont have any relatives in my life and after marriage i came to this country and all alone here i dont know any one!! just thinking if any good doctor could suggest or guide me any way to enjoy this, as generally people saying when you try for baby just enjoy s-x it will improve chances to conceive. (if it true)
Poster
  • Female | 31 years old
  • Ethnicity: Asian Indian
  • Height: 5'2
  • Conditions: ttc

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Featured Answer

1 UpVoted this answer
I am so glad you asked. It was very brave of you as I'm certain in your culture, as in most cultures women are seldom taught it is OK to take charge of their own sexuality. As a sex therapist i believe we are feeling, thinking, spiritual, physical, and sexual beings and all five areas are equally important. You would not want to live without a satisfying intellectual or thinking life; you would feel empty if you were denied a spiritual or religious practice; imagine life if you were unable to feel or have emotions; what if you were unable to move, stretch, or exercise how limiting life would be - yet women particular tell me all the time - "I can live with out it." Meaning they can live without sex! Sure they can but why would they want to. Women have not been given permission to be sexual beings - to feel sexual - to love sex - to revel in it - to use their man to make their sex better. So many women are disgusted by their genitalia and have never even looked at it and a large percentage of women do not masturbate. Why am I telling you all this . . . because my guess is that you fit this category - you would like to enjoy sex, even revel in it - experience it at its highest level - I teach Tantric Sex Classes to my couples, which is combining sexuality with spirituality - it is where partners exchange energies and increase their sensuality and intimacy with each other. So many men, on the other hand, have no idea how to please a woman, and couples find it impossible to talk about sex - even asking your partner to go faster, slower, harder or softer is taboo for some couples. How very sad. I suspect there is nothing at all wrong with you that a little self discovery of your own sexuality and gentle teaching of your husband won't cure. When a couple is trying to get pregnant it puts a terrible stress on the relationship and intimacy becomes work. All the closeness is taken out of it and very often the husband begins to feel like a sperm bank, depending on who wants the child more. For women, sex is a mental activity and our primary sexual organ is our brain - that is why it is so much more important for a woman to be relaxed in order to have an enjoyable sexual experience - That is why I teach tantric sex practices as it focuses on slow and easy and on the giving as well as the receiving. So, after all this . . . what are my suggestions. First, if you do not feel like a sexual being as a single unattached female in your own right, you are going to have difficulty feeling that way at the hands of your husband. So for this one indulge yourself - wear sexy under garments - even when you are gardening - where luxurious or sexy [this is personal taste] lingerie for bed time or for evening lounging - take long relaxing and luxurious baths with candles and pretty smelling bath salts and use lovely creams when you get out - ask your husband if he would mind putting the cream on your body. Our skin is one big erogenous zone and many women need A LOT of touching to become fully turned on and sensual massage is a great way to get there - you can offer to give him one tomorrow night - I don't recommend trading off the same night - in Tantra you totally focus on the sensation of receiving and your husband focuses on the sensation of his hands on your body, the feel of the lotion, the aroma - it is called Sensate Focus - it can carry over into all areas of your life - sensual massage is not to achieve orgasm but it can - again in Tantra men are taught to hold off on the orgasm for as long as possible and focus on the sensations and the exchange of energies with their partner. If your religious practices permit masturbation than it is your best friend - you an learn what pleases you - light touch, harder, where, how fast - slower, etc. Also if you and your husband are not using a high caliber lubricant I strongly urge you to purchase one - make sure it is water soluable - good ones can be purchased in the drugstore but be certain it does not contain things that will bother sensitive skin. If you contact me directly I can recommend some specific brands and websites where you can purchase some excellent lubes - not all lubricants are created equal! I have so much more I want to tell you, but I believe I have already gone way beyond what this forum was meant to cover - I'd love to work with you and would be happy to provide a phone consultation if that is something you would like. I'm certain it would prove beneficial for you. The bottom line is EVERY WOMAN deserves to be a happy sexual being . . . don't cheat yourself. We create what we think so start out by THINKING of yourself as a sexual being and relax as much as possible during the times you are intimate with your husband. Stop thinking about having a baby during the intimate moments - just be in the moments and FOCUS - sensate focus - on his touch and what everything feels like - ry asking him to to harder or softer - most men really do want to satisfy their partners. Again I'd LOVE to speak with you in more detail - I have so much to share with you!
1 UpVoted this answer
There are many thing you can do to make sex more enjoyable, In general, women tend to enjoy sex more as the years pass. Make sure you leave adequate time for intimacy, and tell your husband about what you find enjoyable, that is what makes you "feel excitement". Many couple respond well to a regimen of abstinence for a time, and then a replay of your dating relationship when you talked a lot, and spent more time with "making out", that is hugging, kissing, foreplay- for about two weeks before resuming penile penetration. Couples often discover hidden passions, and many men come to appreciate the importance of adequate time spent during the sex act in order to please their wife. Remember, that you should work on sex for enjoyment, and don't worry about

conception or "fertile days". If you are having sex two or three times a week, there are always adequate sperm in the tubes for conception to occur. A sexual counselor can help.
1 UpVoted this answer
There is a good book by Boston Women's Health, Our Bodies Ourselves. It is on Amazon and I think you will find it helpful. Many women have used it for many years. Many women do not enjoy sex because they do not understand the arousal of their own bodies. Once they understand it, most say they enjoy sex. Half of sex is how you feel about yourself and your partner and whether or not you are relaxed and have time alone together without interuptions. Foreplay is also very important for women. Most need manual stimulation of the clitoris to reach orgasm.

I hope you find this message helpful.

Dr, Kathryn Seifert
1 UpVoted this answer
Hello “Don’t Like Sex”,

It seems that you are very focused on having a baby, which is a great thing however, in a marriage the husband and wife bond comes first. That is not to say that children are not significant because they absolutely are. Children just happen to fall just below the importance of a healthy and strong marriage. This only applies if you are truly interested in maintaining a happy and sexy connection between you and your husband.

Did you always not enjoy sex or is this a new development? Even though you are fairly young, have you had a recent and complete physical exam to rule out any other possibility related to your physical health, hormones, etc? Is the plumbing well suited to your house or perhaps is it too much of a good thing? Does your hubby need more pointers about his technique or actually more guidance from you as to what you find pleasurable and titillating? You do let him know, right? Because he’s not a mind reader…Sex should be about two willing participants wanting to share a special and intimate experience.

Make sure that you have good communication with your husband and ask for what you want. Anger and resentment is a passion killer and can make you physically ill. So be kind and ask for what is important to you. Finances are also another thorny subject that gets in the way of many couples intimacy and closeness. Having to worry about whether you have enough to make ends meet certainly wouldn’t put most of us in a romantic mood.

Perhaps you don’t feel comfortable with your own body and being naked/exposed. Many people, especially women have issues around how they look, particularly if they have gained a few extra pounds. Another reason may be that sex was a dirty subject not to be discussed while growing up and you feel apprehensive about experiencing any kind of pleasure associated with this very normal function called sex. Finally, you may have had some bad memories around sex that interfere with what is happening in the bedroom today.

Life is short. Your husband that loves you deserves a willing and desiring partner. Perhaps you can contact a licensed professional to discuss some of the issues mentioned above. Or perhaps, increasing your physical activity while lowering your caloric intake may just be what the doctor ordered, you will have to make that call. You body is a beautiful and wondrous creation that you need to learn to appreciate and celebrate.

None of us live forever. Having children is a wonderful and precious experience. You would be well served to take steps to resolve this ambivalence for the health of your marriage as well as your own well-being. Fix whatever is not working so you can move on and be the wonderful, loving and passionate wife your husband dreams of because someone else just might take over your job…

Dr. Gilbert Chalepas

Clinical Psychologist

310-500-8442
Gilbert Chalepas
1 UpVoted this answer
You may contact us privately to give and get more information so an adequate treatment plan can be developed.
1 UpVoted this answer
It is impossible to answer this adequately without a thorough sexual history, however the majority of females derive their optimal sexual arousal from direct clitoral stimulation, even during, but not from intercourse. The standard recommendation is to practice with a vibrator while fantasizing, then educate your partner about what works for you (cunnilingus for many) or employ manual or vibrator clitoral stimulation yourself during sex.
Robert Hoffman
Like food, sex is an undeniable reality...you can't eat if your stomach ia full...hence u cant have sex if your mind is full...in your case, may be lonlineas...u have low testosterone levels.....thats a given.....get a testosterone cream 2 mg and use it daily. ..google for it in yr area....
DR. ZAAR
You seem stressed and feel alone. Then on top of it, you aren't able to be vulnerable and honest with your husband. Its understandable that you aren't enjoying sex. The lack of enjoyment is a symptom of the problem. I highly recommend following up with a psychologist to explore the issue in further detail and finding a solution that fits your needs.
There could be many reasons leading to this stressful situation.Best will be to get an evaluation and then a treatmnet plan can be discussed addressing these issues.I am sure its not easy to be away from family and not having the comfort and support to address a concern like that.All the best
Muhammad T. Munir