All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Extreme foot pain

So this pain/swelling in my foot just poped up one morning and I went to work (12 shift standing) and now it's in so much pain I can't sleep. The pain originates between my heel and toes and my foot is swollen enough that it is painfull to move my toes. What should I do?
Poster
  • Complaint duration: 3 days
  • Medications: Tilonal
  • Conditions: It's happens with less pain before, and it went away quickly, and I could still walk with slight pain.

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Rest your foot in a tall walking boot. Go see a Podiatrist.
With so little information it is hard to know. An ER or podiatrist immediately would be my advice. If you have a fever ER might be better
Jerald Askin
See a Podiatrist ASAP. It won't go away by itself!
Dr. Marc Munson
Is it just one foot or both? Both could indicate systemic problems. Otherwise, if just one foot, seems to indicate possibly a plantarfacitis or could be a Mortons nueroma. A Podiatrist DPM could diagnosis pathology, but then I would see a structurally based Chiropractor who would scan your foot to evaluate for all 3 arches in the foot, prescribe custom orthotics not only for the feet but just as important, the balance of your entire frame. Also Chiropractor will evaluate for a short leg which goes undiagnosed in many foot patients. Having one leg shorter than the other (even just a few millimeters) can cause significant problems.

www.discoverhealth.us
Could be anything from a foreign body/infection to gout. Best see a podiatrist stat
There are many things this could be - gout, an infection, possibly plantar fasciitis. It is impossible to say with such limited information. If this has happened on more than one occasion, it is important you get it checked out. Take note if it feels hot, looks red, and take a picture if it is very noticeable so you can show the doctor when you make an appointment, just in case it resolves by the time you get an appointment. Also be sure to take a list of any medications you may take.
Richard Eby
As others have wisely said, please see a podiatrist as soon as possible. This could be any number of things based on your description. Some could be serious like abscesses or infections. Others not serious but painful and debilitating. Knowing your age, gender and having a picture could possible narrow it down some but nothing beats having a proper exam and testing/xrays. Your feet do not have to hurt. There are effective treatments for most all conditions. See someone to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Not enough information to make a diagnosis. Severe pain of sudden onset with no history of injury could be gout but it would be more localized and a joint ( usually the big toe ) would be red and swollen and hot. Pain between the heel and the arch would usually be plantar fasciitis. See a doctor.
Thomas Komp
No one can possibly offer you a diagnosis with a limited history and without seeing your condition in person. You need to see someone soon. Things just do not just start hurting suddenly without something being wrong. Do not follow any recommendations or even suggestions that someone knows whats going on until they see your foot and get a good history.
Flavio Cordano
Sorry to say, but these symptoms you have written about could be of many origin(s). An encounter with a doctor, who can make a physical, in-person diagnosis would be prudent, and quickly. One cannot know if this is a currently, or a future serious problem. Good luck!!