All paid DoctorBase customers will be migrated to Kareo Marketing on December 15, 2016. Read how to get your practice ready for the transition.

4 Reasons Why Ask DoctorBase is the Most Efficient Way to SEO and Establish Your Brand Online

1. Ask DoctorBase is a free service for patients on the DoctorBase platform - currently servicing over 6 million American patients of record.
  2. All answers submitted by healthcare professionals (you) are for entertainment purposes only and do not constitute doctor-patient relationships. All patients must agree to this before using Ask DoctorBase.
  3. Our software and our Marketing Engineering staff review each answer and optimize your answers for keywords valuable to your specialty. It is a well kept secret that doctors (you) - not SEO consultants - are the ones who have the most valuable content prized by search engines. Ask DoctorBase "unlocks and optimizes" your content in the most efficient manner possible with today's technology.
  4. Finally, the doctor who provides the most popular answer - "the Featured Answer," gets an added benefit by allowing patients to write rave reviews about your expertise - reviews that are submitted to both Google and Google Local through our Preferred Data Provider relationship.

Ask Dr. Molly if you have questions or want a personal session on how to best use Ask DoctorBase for maximum marketing impact.

Molly Maloof, MD

Director of Clinical Content
@DoctorBase

Burning feet of soles

Hi, I'm Sabrina and I'm having burning senesation of my feet in my soles of my feet and I'm not feeling good I need to know if I should go straight to the ER.
Poster
  • Female | 20 years old
  • Complaint duration: 2 days
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian / White
  • Medications: Serteline and topamax

Find low drug prices at local & online pharmacies

Yes
I would see a podiatrist - as it does not sound like the ER would do much for this. Many causes exist for neuropathy, which involves burning of mostly the bottom of the feet. There are usually few if any changes looking at the feet, and this is usually not a sudden onset type of problem. If you have not had your blood sugar checked, that should be done. Any family history of neuromuscular disease or diabetes is important. In all likelihood, this is not something that will be "cured" or taken care of in one office visit. It should be checked out, however.
Richard Eby
see Podiatrist to rule out true Medical issue; then go to Chiropractor for alignment on the feet, nutritional evaluation (possible Diabetes or pre-diabetes).

www.discoverhealth.us
There are multiple reasons can be related to burning sensation. The best is to be examined and rule out nerve involvement, diabetes, dermatological problem.
Anthony Spitz
Yes. Go to ER or urgent care
Kelvin A. Barry
Hi I've been seen and it's not from my topamax they are not sure thanks for your responses.
Poster
Common side effects of Topamax include tiredness, dizziness, nervousness, numbness or tingly feeling, coordination problems, diarrhea, weight loss, speech problems, changes in vision, sensory distortion, and cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, or sore throat. You may want to call your primary care physician i think the burning in your feet could be caused from a lot of different things including the Topamax. Start with your general doctor.
Flavio Cordano
Hi Sabrina,

Sorry your having burning in your feet. Burning sensation is a no specific symptom. It can relate to several causes and treatment may be simple. The ER may not be the best place to go unless it is unbearable. Your podiatrist should review you medications and allergies and then examine skin of your feet and the nerves from your toes to your back. Also tell them if you have been exposed to any chemicals or dyes.
Brian Goldstein
At the least visit a Podiatrist-your best source for foot and ankle problems. Also blood sugar tests would be performed to see if you have any issues ther. Good luck blessings
Dr. Marc Munson
I just don't want to think I'm going crazy that is all.
Poster